Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by pgupta <pa...@ansys.com> on 2013/01/15 13:31:50 UTC

Incremental backup of datastore

Hi,

We have scheduled datastore cleanup task to run regularly (once every week)
to prune obsolete data. But it updates the modification time of all files in
the datastore even if they have not been updated. This causes the
incremental backup tools to perform a complete backup of the complete
datastore which can be very time consuming for a large repository. Is there
a good solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Pankaj

Re: Incremental backup of datastore

Posted by pgupta <pa...@ansys.com>.
Thanks, Daniel. I was thinking along the same lines. Considering this issue
may affect many people, it will be nice if this feature is provided in a
future version of Jackrabbit.

Re: Incremental backup of datastore

Posted by Daniel Hobi <d....@gmx.ch>.
Hi Pankaj

We faced exactly the same problem and solved it by writing our own FileDataStore.
So, instead of touching every file on the file system to indicate that this file is still being used and should not be deleted by the jcr garbage collector we store the information on an own database table.

Daniel

-------- Original-Nachricht --------