Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "Mock, Jeff" <je...@gd-ais.com> on 2003/10/28 16:01:00 UTC

Use of resource bundles in log4j

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has been successful in getting resource
bundles to work with log4j and its l7dlog() methods.  I know everything
works great if the resource bundle is explicitly set using the setter
methods but I've tried specifying the resource bundle through an XML
configuration and fail due to an internal log4j error ("Failed to set
property [resourceBundle] to value resourceBundle.").  I cannot seem to
find an example of this type of configuration anywhere on the internet,
and was wondering if there was a problem or I was doing something
completely wrong.

Thanks,
Jeff