Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Steven Cotton <st...@cotton.dk> on 2000/12/08 18:10:22 UTC

mod_perl & IPC under Solaris 7

Hi,

Anyone here any good with debugging IPC "No space left on device" errors?
I can't find anything on the web or in deja, and am basically at a
loss. Using Storable 0.703 and ShareLite 0.08 I'm getting a lot of the
above errors when I have around 40 httpd children. Has anyone else used
IPC under mod_perl and had the same errors? I can't even seem to find out
what it is I'm running out of ..

steven

Re: mod_perl & IPC under Solaris 7

Posted by Greg Cope <gr...@rubberplant.freeserve.co.uk>.
Steven Cotton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone here any good with debugging IPC "No space left on device" errors?
> I can't find anything on the web or in deja, and am basically at a
> loss. Using Storable 0.703 and ShareLite 0.08 I'm getting a lot of the
> above errors when I have around 40 httpd children. Has anyone else used
> IPC under mod_perl and had the same errors? I can't even seem to find out
> what it is I'm running out of ..

shared memory segments ...

Different OS have different IPC limits

My linux box has ipcs and ipcrm (look at the man page first).

Greg Cope