Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jeevan Bihari <je...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/06 22:22:42 UTC

Re: Struts vs. Tapestry - WSAD

Now that I've finally gotten the DateTime Tapestry tutorial working in my WSAD, I just wanted to
let other people who may be going through this problem the steps I had to go through:

1- Create an empty web project.
2- Add the Tapestry JAR files into the projects build path.
3- In the Java perspective, convert this web project into a Tapestry-specific one using Spindle.
Remember to generate an Application specific servlet.
4- In the server perspective add the JAR files from the Tapestry zip file to your WTE's wsi, in
the Path tab. NOTE: You'll also need to download the Jakarta ORO and install that JAR file too.
5- Step 3 automatically sets up default .application, servlet .java and Home.page files. To this
you need to add a Home.html file in the same folder as the Home.page file.
6- In the web perspective, add your Spindle generated servlet to the web project's web deployment
descriptor using the Servlet tab. Remember to set the URL as appropriate and add the following
initialization parameters:

    name=net.sf.tapestry.application-specification
    value=/yourpackage/yourapplicationconfiguration.application

This is assuming that the developer has installed the Spindle plug-in into WSAD successfully.

Thanks to Geoff for Spindle :) and to Ariel & Richard for their help.

Jeevan

http://taxes.yahoo.com/