Posted to issues@archiva.apache.org by Soumen Trivedi <so...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/30 13:34:16 UTC

Archiva Connection Refused Error

Hi all,
I am using Archiva 2.2.1
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-06 20:16:01+0100)
Java version: 1.5.0_06
Java home: /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06/jre
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.18-92.el5xen" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

*Problem 1:*
I have recently moved my standalone Archiva Instance into a new server with
improved speed and capacity, and have observed number of "Connection
refused" problems in my Continuous Integration instances due to Archiva
dropping the connection. Here is the log which I am getting:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error retrieving previous build number for artifact
'com.specsavers.ott:hub-data-repository-service-unit:jbi-service-unit':
repository metadata for: 'snapshot
com.specsavers.ott:hub-data-repository-service-unit:1.4.3-SNAPSHOT' could
not be retrieved from repository: srs-snapshot due to an error: Error
transferring file: Connection refused
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 25 minutes 50 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Nov 30 10:01:41 GMT 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 77M/373M
[INFO]

My old archiva instance was running on a similar server and in the same
network.

Can anyone please comment about this behavior and provide me any kind of
pointers to get this resolved.

I am also working with my network team to see if there are any problems due
to network, (haven't noticed anything yet since 2 weeks, network looks to be
normal and working fine)

Problem 2:
When build projects, Archiva is doing a lookup in INTERNET for project
generated Artifacts FROM Remote repository defined. I think there is
something wrong with the archiva configuration. Also we are using "master"
as mirror of all repositories. Could that be a problem?

These problems are of critical importance to our projects and it would be
really helpful if you could please provide me with your
inputs/pointers/comments/resolution upon the same.

Thanks in advance!!

--
Thanks & Regards,
Soumen Trivedi

Re: Archiva Connection Refused Error

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@porterclan.net>.
These would be better asked on users@archiva.apache.org.

For problem 1, please inspect your archiva.log and post there with anything you notice that might be a problem.

For problem 2, please look at the whitelists set for the proxy connectors that are used, and make sure that there are no proxy connectors set on the release repositories that you don't want requests to go outside for.

Cheers,
Brett