Posted to users@camel.apache.org by heinrichheine <ma...@vitaphone.de> on 2011/09/05 14:33:50 UTC

Possibilty to store temporary data in the route?

Hi,

is there a possibilty to store temporary fields in a route?
My scenario needs something like this.
I receive a message via http. From this i extract via xpath a data field for
reuse in the response. After that i do a xslt and send the message to a
synchronous jms queue.
After having received the reply from the jms queue, i want to create the
response for the http request.
And, here is the challenge, i need to put the data field in which i
extracted at the beginning.

The problem is, that the synchronous response from the jms queue will erase
all of my header fields that i have written before sending the jms message,
and my data field is gone.

So, is there a way to store temporary data in the route itself?

Re: Possibilty to store temporary data in the route?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You can store temporary information as properties on the Exchange,
they are kept during the lifecycle of the exchange, and thus available
for you always.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:33 PM, heinrichheine
<ma...@vitaphone.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a possibilty to store temporary fields in a route?
> My scenario needs something like this.
> I receive a message via http. From this i extract via xpath a data field for
> reuse in the response. After that i do a xslt and send the message to a
> synchronous jms queue.
> After having received the reply from the jms queue, i want to create the
> response for the http request.
> And, here is the challenge, i need to put the data field in which i
> extracted at the beginning.
>
> The problem is, that the synchronous response from the jms queue will erase
> all of my header fields that i have written before sending the jms message,
> and my data field is gone.
>
> So, is there a way to store temporary data in the route itself?

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com