Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mo...@LastMinuteTravel.Com on 2000/11/29 21:28:18 UTC

is ajp12 connection handler required to shutdown?

I don't want to use the ajp12 protocol but if I leave it out of the
server.xml file(s) I can't shut tomcat down cleanly.  The docs state that
this is needed to shut down tomcat properly but if I am running multiple
JVMs with multiple server.xml files, that means I need multiple ajp12
connectors.  One for each JVM.  Am I understanding this correctly?

Re: is ajp12 connection handler required to shutdown?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Morianos@LastMinuteTravel.Com wrote:

> I don’t want to use the ajp12 protocol but if I leave it out of the server.xml
> file(s) I can’t shut tomcat down cleanly.The docs state that this is needed to
> shut down tomcat properly but if I am running multiple JVMs with multiple
> server.xml files, that means I need multiple ajp12 connectors.One for each
> JVM.Am I understanding this correctly?

That is correct.  You will also need to make sure that each of them listens on a
different port (the default is 8007), just like you have to change the HTTP port
(from the default of 8080) for the extra JVMs.

Craig McClanahan