Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Schweigl, Johann" <Jo...@softwareag.com> on 2001/04/10 13:45:28 UTC

importNode() doesn't import attribute values from source document ?

As it seems, importNode() forgets to import attribute values from the source
DOM. I tried all Xerces-j versions from 1.2.3 to 2 alpha, all with the same
result. Is this a known bug? Is there a solution?

BTW, are there any known anomalies with normalize()? If I understood the
specs right, having an element with all #text children, Element.normalize()
should coalesce them into one, which, in my case, simply doesn't happen.

Any help appreciated,
Johann