Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org> on 2011/07/18 23:49:16 UTC

Cocoon GetTogether?

As we've been talking about Cocoon "Do-ocracy" and community
contributions, my mind turns to my past attempts to help develop Cocoon,
and the vast gap that seems to yawn between me and being able to
contribute effectively. While I would love to be able to contribute,
there is quite a stack of technologies that seem to require mastery
first... e.g. Maven, Wicket, Spring...?

I suspect that much of this would be reduced if I could sit down and be
walked through a process with a knowledgeable person who can tell me
what I do and don't need to learn, and of whom I could ask targeted
questions.

And that leads me to ask, what are the possibilities of a Cocoon
GetTogether this year? next year?
(The sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned!)

AFAIK the last GT was in 2005? The hackathon sounded very productive.

Regards,
Lars

Re: Cocoon GetTogether?

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
really interesting, both dates and both places sound *really* good :)
Have a nice day!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Cocoon GetTogether?

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.

Re: Cocoon GetTogether?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <sc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 08:42 +0200, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> On 19/07/2011 00:21, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> >> And that leads me to ask, what are the possibilities of a Cocoon
> >> GetTogether this year? next year?
> >> (The sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned!)
> >>
> >> AFAIK the last GT was in 2005? The hackathon sounded very productive.
> Last GT was in 2007, in Rome (I've found this old post from Jeroen Reijn
> [1], since the cocoongt.org domain seems to have passed to other hands...
> > GT have always been great events but do we have enough people that
> > would bother to come? ...and especially sponsors that see it
> > worthwhile?
> Hum, unfortunately I must agree with Torsten's doubts... Maybe we can
> rediscuss this proposal in a few months, WDYT?

There is http://barcampspain.com/ at 8 of October. I will be there and
we could do some c3 work if people like to come to the south of spain.

salu2

> [1] http://blog.jeroenreijn.com/2007/09/cocoon-gt-2007-update.html

codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>
http://www.codebusters.es/

Re: Cocoon GetTogether?

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Cocoon GetTogether?

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
> And that leads me to ask, what are the possibilities of a Cocoon
> GetTogether this year? next year?
> (The sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned!)
>
> AFAIK the last GT was in 2005? The hackathon sounded very productive.

GT have always been great events but do we have enough people that
would bother to come? ...and especially sponsors that see it
worthwhile?

cheers,
Torsten

Re: Cocoon GetTogether?

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Francesco, you stole the words from my mouth :)
Arrosticini FTW :D
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Cocoon GetTogether?

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

Re: Cocoon GetTogether?

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 05/08/2011 12:01, Nathaniel, Alfred wrote:
> Please plan it as a 2-day event with a late morning start on day1 and an early afternoon finish on day2 that one can fly in and out with one overnight stay for the social GT.

I think this is a good suggestion: consider that you can reach L'Aquila
either by flying to Pescara or Rome, then by car or bus (approximatively
1 hour).

> NB traditional GT dinner is spare ribs.  Do you have those in L'Aquila?

You can always find spare ribs if you are addicted enough :-P
Anyway, Abruzzo - the region in which L'Aquila [2] is - is known,
especially from its past, for Arrosticini [1]: I think you wouldn't
regret the change...

Cheers.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrosticini
[2] http://en.wikimedia.org/wiki/L%27Aquila