Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Peter M. Murray" <pe...@quantrix.com> on 2003/12/17 20:11:31 UTC

RC2 date?

Greetings folks,

Is there a scheduled date for RC2?  I've got another change to add (unary
minus parsing) and wonder when the next release will be rolled.

-pete
peter m. murray
pete@quantrix.com

Quantrix
428 Fore Street
4th Floor
Portland, Maine 04101
http://www.quantrix.com

Re: RC2 date?

Posted by "Peter M. Murray" <pe...@quantrix.com>.
Avik,

It turned out I didn't have time to make the separate patch files.  I
looked at the single patch file with all of the fixes and it's pretty
readable and understandable.  See bug  # 25457 for updated info about the
fixes contained and the patch file itself.

Thanks for trying to get these into RC2!

Please let me know if you have questions.

Rock on,

pete
peter m. murray
pete@quantrix.com

-pete
peter m. murray
pete@quantrix.com

Quantrix
428 Fore Street
4th Floor
Portland, Maine 04101
http://www.quantrix.com

Re: RC2 date?

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.

Re: RC2 date?

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
I think it can only go in the next RC if there is an associated unit
test...otherwise...HEAD and even then we should feel bad.
--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.

> From: "Peter M. Murray" <pe...@quantrix.com>
> Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:14:45 -0500
> To: "POI Developers List" <po...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: RC2 date?
>

> Avik,
>
> I have the Unary Minus fix to the FormulaParser.java file as well.  Which
> would you prefer:
>
> A) I submit a new bug in bugzilla for the unary-minus and diffs against the
> head for ONLY that fix.
>
> or
>
> B) I submit diffs(and attach them to my existing open bugzilla bug) which
> include BOTH the ' around sheet-names and the unary minus fix?
>
> Let me know and I'll have the diffs up there post-haste to be sure they are
> in good shape for your weekend RC rolling.  Everything has test-cases and
> we've exercised these fixes in our application to some degree as well.
>
> Cheers,
>
> pete
>
> At 01:22 AM 12/18/2003 +0530, you wrote:
>>> Can
>>> you please let me know if there are any additional changes needed before
>>> you roll again?
>>
>> I am only concerned about testcases. Are they there? sorry, i havent
>> looked at it yet.
>>
>>> Will this next release be a final release
>> Given the time that has gone by and the fact that we have added a few
>> bugfixes, i think everyone will be more comfortable with another RC.
>>
>> -
>> Avik
>>

>> On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 01:07, Peter M. Murray wrote:
>>> Thanks, Avik.  I've also submitted another patch via bugzilla - #25457 .
>>> It's for parsing quoted worksheet names in formulas.  I added an updated
>>> patch with unit test and diffs against the tip of the REL_2_BRANCH.  Can
>>> you please let me know if there are any additional changes needed before
>>> you roll again?
>>>
>>> Will this next release be a final release or will you be doing another RC
>>> at this point?
>>>
>>> -pete

>> (unary

>>> -pete
>>> peter m. murray
>>> pete@quantrix.com
>>>
>>> Quantrix
>>> 428 Fore Street

Re: RC2 date?

Posted by "Peter M. Murray" <pe...@quantrix.com>.
Avik,

I have the Unary Minus fix to the FormulaParser.java file as well.  Which
would you prefer:

A) I submit a new bug in bugzilla for the unary-minus and diffs against the
head for ONLY that fix.

or

B) I submit diffs(and attach them to my existing open bugzilla bug) which
include BOTH the ' around sheet-names and the unary minus fix?

Let me know and I'll have the diffs up there post-haste to be sure they are
in good shape for your weekend RC rolling.  Everything has test-cases and
we've exercised these fixes in our application to some degree as well.

Cheers,

pete

At 01:22 AM 12/18/2003 +0530, you wrote:
> > Can
> > you please let me know if there are any additional changes needed before
> > you roll again?
>
>I am only concerned about testcases. Are they there? sorry, i havent
>looked at it yet.
>
> >Will this next release be a final release
>Given the time that has gone by and the fact that we have added a few
>bugfixes, i think everyone will be more comfortable with another RC.
>
>-
>Avik
>

>On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 01:07, Peter M. Murray wrote:
> > Thanks, Avik.  I've also submitted another patch via bugzilla - #25457 .
> > It's for parsing quoted worksheet names in formulas.  I added an updated
> > patch with unit test and diffs against the tip of the REL_2_BRANCH.  Can
> > you please let me know if there are any additional changes needed before
> > you roll again?
> >
> > Will this next release be a final release or will you be doing another RC
> > at this point?
> >
> > -pete
> >
> > At 12:54 AM 12/18/2003 +0530, you wrote:
> > >send it in (please attach it to bugzilla)...lets see what we can do with
> > >it...
> > >
> > >we had originally decided to do a final release very quickly after RC1,
> > >but since its been delayed a bit, we might as well add a few more bits
> > >in.. but it had better be a smallish change (which for unary minus i
> > >think it will be) and it better have an unit test...
> > >
> > >I am hoping for some free time this weekend....
> > >
> > >Thanks
> > >-
> > >Avik

> (unary

> > -pete
> > peter m. murray
> > pete@quantrix.com
> >
> > Quantrix
> > 428 Fore Street
> > 4th Floor
> > Portland, Maine 04101
> > http://www.quantrix.com

-pete
peter m. murray
pete@quantrix.com

Quantrix
428 Fore Street
4th Floor
Portland, Maine 04101
http://www.quantrix.com

Re: RC2 date?

Posted by "Peter M. Murray" <pe...@quantrix.com>.
There is a test method for the worksheet name parsing.  It passes  ;-)

-pete
peter m. murray
pete@quantrix.com

Quantrix
428 Fore Street
4th Floor
Portland, Maine 04101
http://www.quantrix.com

Re: RC2 date?

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.

Re: RC2 date?

Posted by "Peter M. Murray" <pe...@quantrix.com>.
Thanks, Avik.  I've also submitted another patch via bugzilla - #25457 .
It's for parsing quoted worksheet names in formulas.  I added an updated
patch with unit test and diffs against the tip of the REL_2_BRANCH.  Can
you please let me know if there are any additional changes needed before
you roll again?

Will this next release be a final release or will you be doing another RC
at this point?

-pete

At 12:54 AM 12/18/2003 +0530, you wrote:
>send it in (please attach it to bugzilla)...lets see what we can do with
>it...
>
>we had originally decided to do a final release very quickly after RC1,
>but since its been delayed a bit, we might as well add a few more bits
>in.. but it had better be a smallish change (which for unary minus i
>think it will be) and it better have an unit test...
>
>I am hoping for some free time this weekend....
>
>Thanks
>-
>Avik
>

>On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 00:41, Peter M. Murray wrote:
> > Greetings folks,
> >
> > Is there a scheduled date for RC2?  I've got another change to add (unary
> > minus parsing) and wonder when the next release will be rolled.
> >

> > -pete
> > peter m. murray
> > pete@quantrix.com
> >
> > Quantrix