Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by sandeep khandekar <cl...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/10 06:34:49 UTC

Management server installation on UBuntu

Dear ,
I am trying to install management server(installed) and mysql database
server(installed).
Do I need to follow the step 6, 7 of "chapter 4"  from apache
documentation, on ubuntu Operating System - dbpassword, deploy-as etc.
Thank you

--
SANDEEP KHANDEKAR
Assistant Professor

Re: Management server installation on UBuntu

Posted by sandeep khandekar <cl...@gmail.com>.
Dear,

For step 7 of "chapter 4 section 4.5"  from apache documentation, on ubuntu
Operating System - dbpassword, deploy-as etc.

-e <encryption_type> \
-m <management_server_key> \
-k <database_key> \
-i <management_server_ip>

didnt gave the values dont know how to generate.
as they are optional, executed the script and got the following output
CloudStack has successfully initialized database, you can check your
database configuration in /etc/cloudstack/management/db.properties

can any one help me how to generate the above values for
cloudstack-setup-databases

Thankyou

Posted by sandeep khandekar <cl...@gmail.com>.
Dear,

Posted by Prashant Kumar Mishra <pr...@citrix.com>.
You need to do Step 7 , irrespective of  OS, For Ubuntu if you have selinux installed  then go for  step 6.

Thanks
Prashant