Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org> on 2015/12/20 16:29:08 UTC

[VOTE] Remove release 3.4.7 from mirrors and Web site references

As per our discussion in the [DISCUSS] thread, I propose we remove release 3.4.7 from Apache mirrors and the references to the release on the Web site due to the serious bug we found in the release. The release will remain available in maven to avoid breaking users that already rely on it as a dependency for client applications. To our knowledge, there isn't any serious issue with the client and it has been requested on the list that we keep 3.4.7 available in maven.

The vote ends on Wed Dec. 30 at 15:00 GMT. I'm giving more time for this vote so that folks have a chance to check it out. Please vote within this window.

The bylaws do not describe the case of withdrawing a release, only accepting a release. Consequently, I'm proposing that the approval process be the same of accepting a release, which is lazy consensus (see definition in the project bylaws). If there is disagreement about it, then we'll need to run a vote within the PMC before approving/rejecting this vote, but that's independent of this vote thread.

Shall we Remove release 3.4.7 from mirrors and Web site references?

-Flavio

Re: [VOTE] Remove release 3.4.7 from mirrors and Web site references

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.
On 5 January 2016 at 01:44, Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org> wrote:

> With 4 +1 PMC votes(Flavio, Michi, Camille, Ivan) and one +1 committer
> vote (Chris), the vote passes. We'll remove 3.4.7 references from mirrors
> and web site as proposed.
>
> Thank you all for voting.

Thanks Flavio - I removed all the references to 3.4.7 (but left the docs
around, since the docs for 3.3.1 are still around as well).

-rgs

Re: [VOTE] Remove release 3.4.7 from mirrors and Web site references

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.