Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by sujith71955 <su...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/13 06:21:39 UTC

Regarding NimbusDS JOSE JWT jar 3.9 security vulnerability

Hi Folks,
I observed that in spark 2.2.x version we are using NimbusDS JOSE JWT jar
3.9 version, but i saw few vulnerability has been reported for this
particular version jar. please refer below details
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2017-12973,
https://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2017-12972/

As per details this vulnerability is been detected prior to 4.39 jars, we
are planning to upgrade  this jar.
Just wanted to know that is their any reason why this jar has not been
upgraded in community release as this consists of vulnerabilities.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,
Sujith

Re: Regarding NimbusDS JOSE JWT jar 3.9 security vulnerability

Posted by sujith chacko <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

 While we are building spark 2.1 version this particular JWT jar is getting
added as part of transitive dependency of Hadoop-auth-2.7.2 project. I
discussed with one of the  Hadoop pmc, he will analyse the impact of this
particular issue in Hadoop . Once I will get more information I will update
you about this.

Thanks,
Sujith

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com>.