Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2017/03/01 13:36:22 UTC

Re: [fsresource] version numbers | fork

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> wrote:
> ...the drawback of this proposal is that we have a few older releases in the 1.x
> line (1.2.0 and 1.2.2) that are not in line with semantic versioning, but this would be
> fixed in 1.3.0 and upwards...

I think that's reasonable.

The alternative would be to use 3.0.0 for the "legacy branch" to more
clearly indicate the fork, but that's not necessarily better.

How do you intend to manage both branches of the fork? svn branches?
Maybe creating a new "legacy" Maven module for one of them would be
clearer.

-Bertrand

Re: [fsresource] version numbers | fork

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> wrote:
> ...the plan was to use a svn branch for the "old SPI": [1] ...
>
> ...we are doing this already like this for the parallel maintenance of osgi-mock and sling-mock 1.x / 2.x. [2] and it works quite well...

Ok, I wasn't aware of that - works for me, thanks for clarifying!

-Bertrand

RE: [fsresource] version numbers | fork

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
>How do you intend to manage both branches of the fork? svn branches?
>Maybe creating a new "legacy" Maven module for one of them would be
>clearer.

the plan was to use a svn branch for the "old SPI": [1]

release would then be done both on the trunk (2.x) and this branch (1.x) versions.
we are doing this already like this for the parallel maintenance of osgi-mock and sling-mock 1.x / 2.x. [2] and it works quite well.

stefan

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/branches/fsresource-1.1.x
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/branches/testing/mocks/