Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Heiko Seeberger <he...@gmx.de> on 2002/01/19 11:37:35 UTC

Why are there no Exceptions?

Hi!

I have a question/suggestion concerning the pool component: Why are
there no Exceptions?

For example the PoolableObjectFactory.makeObject method does not throw a
PoolableObjectFactoryException or something like that. But what if the
creation of the Object fails for some reason.

I suggest that the lifecycle methods should all throw application
Exceptions. Maybe there could be a superclass like PoolException and
several subclasses.

What do you think about that?

Heiko

Re: Why are there no Exceptions?

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt>.
Hi,
I don't know any good way to handle this kind of exception in pool,
  but please tell me if you know it, It will be very helpful  for me.
It can be some RuntimeException, but I always prefer checked exceptions.
(I am not related to this project any way, but it is very common )