Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by preethi ganeshan <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/12 11:40:07 UTC

INCREASING NUMBER OF REDUCE TASKS

Hi,

Is there a way to change the number of reduce tasks? Without using Job
object to call the set function.Since it does not work. I need to keep
track of the number of mappers per reducer for experimentation purposes. So
how do i go about it ?

Thank you in advance
Regards,
Preethi

Re: INCREASING NUMBER OF REDUCE TASKS

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Preethi,

You can do it through the shell at the time of job submission.
-D mapred.reduce.tasks=desired_no_reduce_tasks.

Alternatively, you can do that  through the mapred-site.xml.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com