Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2011/12/06 13:21:30 UTC

[digester] providing additional shaded artifact

Hi all guys,
to complete DIGESTER-153 we had to include CGLIB as new dependency,
actually I would like to experiment distributing an *additional*
artifact (jar) where dependencies are shaded - maybe also renamed for
internal use only.
Note that I don't want to replace the existing distribution, I just
would like to add another jar - users could chose to use it instead.
That wouldn't be the first time that a commons component would
distribute more than one artifact anyway, [beanutils] already does
(even if not shading dependencies)
Do you see potential legal/technical issues?
TIA,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [digester] providing additional shaded artifact

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
indeed, all dependencies are ASL licensed and the CGLIB inclusion
issue was already faced by Google when repackaging CGLIB inside
google-guice (ASL2 licensed)
I'll update the notice file ASAP

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi all guys,
I consider there are no objections, I'll fill an issue and start working on it.