Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/04/28 20:51:23 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "DatabaseManager" by DonaldMcLean

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DonaldMcLean:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseManager

New page:
## Please edit system and help pages ONLY in the moinmaster wiki! For more
## information, please see MoinMaster:MoinPagesEditorGroup.
##master-page:Unknown-Page
##master-date:Unknown-Date
##acl MoinPagesEditorGroup:read,write,delete,revert All:read
#format wiki
#language en
== DatabaseManager ==
Derby and Hibernate are each very large packages full of power and fraught with complexities. When I first started working with them, I desperately wanted a very simple mechanism that would handle the basic drudgery so that I could concentrate on writing my application. The led me to the creation of a fairly small class (208 lines) that did everything that I needed.

=== Example ===