Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Sylvain Vieujot <sv...@apache.org> on 2005/05/27 04:22:53 UTC

Clustered James Server

Hello,

I'm planning to use several James servers for both incoming & outgoing
mails.
I user the dbstore for users and mailbox and it works well.
But I didn't use it for spooling as I thought several James servers
concurrently accessing one spool table might leads to some problems.

Am I right, or is it safe for several James server to use the same
spooling database & table ?

Thanks,

Sylvain.

Re: Clustered James Server

Posted by Sylvain Vieujot <sv...@apache.org>.
Thank you for this !

Sylvain.

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 07:15 +0200, apache@bago.org wrote:

> > I'm planning to use several James servers for both incoming &
> > outgoing mails.
> > I user the dbstore for users and mailbox and it works well.
> > But I didn't use it for spooling as I thought several James
> > servers concurrently accessing one spool table might leads to
> > some problems.
> >
> > Am I right, or is it safe for several James server to use the
> > same spooling database & table ?
> >
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> I think you should give a try to JamesHA that you find on sourceforge. Just
> now sourgeforge is down but I guess the url is
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/jamesha/.
>
> It is a simple patch to James 2.2.0 to support distributed locks.
>
> Stefano

Re: Clustered James Server

Posted by ap...@bago.org.