Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org> on 2014/11/30 09:13:40 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Flex Tour De Flex 1.2

The Apache Flex community is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Flex TourDeFlex 1.2.

The Apache Flex Tour De Flex component explorer provides a sample set of working
Apache Flex examples. This release now contains over 300 working examples and has
several improvements and bug fixes from the previous release, including a consistent
look and feel, support for 3rd party examples and Apache Flex Squiggly spelling
engine examples.

For your convenience the latest version has been compiled and placed on the
Apache Flex web site:
http://flex.apache.org/tourdeflex/

For a full list of changes from the previous version please go to:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/flex/tourdeflex/1.2/RELEASE_NOTES

This application is based on work donated by Adobe and their component explorer and
is expected to be updated over time. We welcome feedback and contributions to it
from the wider Apache Flex community.

The Apache Flex TourDeFlex is available in source form for you to compile from the
following download page:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/flex/tourdeflex/1.2

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.

For more information on Apache Flex, visit the project home page:
http://flex.apache.org

Thank you for using Apache Flex,
The Apache Flex Community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flex Tour De Flex 1.2

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Good to hear it's of some use.

> I got a little excited when I saw the spark tree control.  But looking at
> the mxml for that example, it appears to be the mx tree control?

It's the mx tree control in a spark container, most of the examples come from the original Adobe code and that's what it contained.

> Anyways, I want to find a tree component for my Tablet app.  Will the mx
> tree work there?

I don't see why not, give it a try and see.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flex Tour De Flex 1.2

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
You can use an mx tree. If you want to stick to Spark, there’s a couple of spark-olny implementations. I use this one: https://github.com/kachurovskiy/Spark-Tree

Posted by Fred Brunton <fb...@lumina.com>.
Thanks for all the help!. This is a really good group.

Posted by Fred Brunton <fb...@lumina.com>.

Posted by Ronny Shibley <rs...@codefish.com>.

Posted by Fred Brunton <fb...@lumina.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
Clicking on 'Show Callout' results in the following stack trace:

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
explorer@cb360a1 to spark.components.Application.
	at spark.skins.spark.supportClasses::CalloutArrow()
	at spark.skins.spark::CalloutSkin/createChildren()
	at mx.core::UIComponent/initialize()
	at
mx.core::UIComponent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::childAdded()
	at mx.core::UIComponent/addChild()
	at spark.components.supportClasses::SkinnableComponent/attachSkin()
	at spark.components.supportClasses::SkinnableComponent/validateSkinChange()
	at spark.components.supportClasses::SkinnableComponent/createChildren()
	at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/createChildren()

Posted by Sascha Ahrend <sa...@icloud.com>.
Thanks so much!

Sascha