Posted to user@poi.apache.org by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/30 05:26:55 UTC

Copy to copy rows and/or cells?

I have a simple use case, I want to extract some rows from one spreadsheet
and add them to a new/different spreadsheet.  However I don't find any
methods like sheet.addRow(row) or row.addCell(cell) instead what I find are
sheet.createRow(), etc.

I don't want to have to get a new cell and then copy all the parameters of
the old to the new because I might miss something, is this the only way?  If
so, is there some existing code that is guaranteed to copy all data from a
cell to a different one?  I have to be sure the cells in the new file are
exactly the same as the old file.

Thanks.