Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jan Arend Jansen <no...@xs4all.nl> on 2007/11/23 10:52:28 UTC

Managing locationUri host bininding

Hi,

I was wondering how to configure a locationUri in ServiceMix to an external
Web Service if the hostname of the web service changes depending on the
environment (Production, Developement, Test etc).

So I would like to do something like:

locactionUri="http://${host}:8080/myservice/

I could use Maven's filtering capabilities for this I suppose, but are there
other/better ways to do this?

Thanks,
Jan Arend

Re: Managing locationUri host bininding

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Jan Arend,

If you are only changing the target URI on deployment (i.e. when
redeploying to another environment) you can stick to Maven's filtering
capabilities or you can use plain Spring to externalize these settings
in a seperate XML/properties files and just add another config file for
every type of deployment.

If you need to dynamically change the target URI at runtime as well, you
can use the 'org.apache.servicemix.http.destination.uri' property on the
NormalizedMessage to override the locationURI configured on the provider
<http:endpoint/>

Regards,

Gert