Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/12 21:00:45 UTC

Can I user a 3 node accumulo cluster on a 10 node hadoop cluster?

I have an hadoop cluster but, for now, I am only testing accumulo. Can
I install accumulo on just some of the hadoop nodes?

Re: Can I user a 3 node accumulo cluster on a 10 node hadoop cluster?

Posted by Aaron Cordova <aa...@cordovas.org>.
Yes - accumulo processes can be run on a subset of the machines running hadoop processes, or even entirely separate machines, as long as they can talk to the namenode and HDFS datanodes.

You can define those machines in $ACCUMULO_HOME/conf/slaves and use $ACCUMULO_HOME/bin/start-all.sh and stop-all.sh to start and stop processes on them.