Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Chris Goffinet <go...@digg.com> on 2009/04/22 00:30:18 UTC

TFramedTransport bug in PHP?

Hi:

I've been testing the latest trunk of Thrift, and Scribe. I was
wondering if there might be an issue with the TFramedTransport in PHP?
Even when I run the unit test (strange_input) from scribe, it fails
and Scribe mentions:

TTransportException: Server::process() No more data to read.

I have tested other clients (Python) for example and it works just
fine. Since the unit test is failing for strange input, I wouldn't
think its my code as I can successfully write messages at certain
lengths of size, such as 100, but not at 200 (because it seems its not
being fully flushed?).

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

-Chris

Re: TFramedTransport bug in PHP?

Posted by Chris Goffinet <go...@digg.com>.
It actually just came to me. Apologies on this one. It seems having
this causes Thrift not to work correctly. Is there anything we can do
for this type of setting in PHP?

[mbstring]
mbstring.internal_encoding = UTF-8
mbstring.func_overload = 6