Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Olle Sundblad <ol...@eris.se> on 2002/09/20 17:58:50 UTC

[users@httpd] AddOutputFilter Includes on jk_mounted servlets with Apache 2

Hi,

My problem is that I have a number of mounted servlets (using mod_jk) and
want them to be SSI filtered. It is easy with .jsp pages but since the
servlets have no extension I can't get it to work.

My main ideas was to:

 - Add an output filter that works on all files in a directory mounted
   with mod_jk. Couldn't find anything in the manual or the web. So I tried:

     <Directory "c:/webroot">
        SetOutputFilter Includes
     </Directory>
   but the servlets don't get parsed (.jsp files does).

I have thought about this solution:

 - Change all servlet names to include an extension. I think this is an ugly
   solution (it also includes a lot of work).

But I'd really prefer something like the first one.

My setup:
 W2k
 Apache 2.0.40
 Tomcat 4.0.3
 mod_jk

Sorry if this is a trivial question but the manual, alltheweb, and google
gave me no help at all.

Thanks in advance /Olle

Re: [users@httpd] AddOutputFilter Includes on jk_mounted servlets with Apache 2

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Olle Sundblad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My problem is that I have a number of mounted servlets (using mod_jk) and
> want them to be SSI filtered. It is easy with .jsp pages but since the
> servlets have no extension I can't get it to work.

This seems very similar to a question I just answered a couple hours
ago.  I'm not very familiar with mod_jk and the like, but the problem
very likely has to do with the fact that the servlets are not really
filesystem objects, and therefore can't be matched with <Directory>  Try
using <Location> instead.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/sections.html#file-and-web

Joshua.

RE: [users@httpd] AddOutputFilter Includes on jk_mounted servlets with Apache 2

Posted by Olle Sundblad <ol...@eris.se>.
Sorry,

As usual about three seconds after you click the send button, you solve the
problem (after working with it for a whole day).

  <Location "/subdir/apps/">
      SetOutputFilter Includes
</Location>

Sorry for the waste of bandwith...