Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Lars Winderling <la...@posteo.de> on 2019/07/10 11:04:35 UTC

What if only 1 of 3 travis jobs fails?

Dear core developers,

I find myself often in a situation where 1 or 2 out of 3 travis jobs fail. So 1 or 2 of the jobs succeed anyway, the
failing jobs only have some connection issue like failing to fetch some dependency jars.
In that case I know, that the build was in pricinple successful, allthough in github it looks as if it simply failed.
What should I do in that case? I couldn't find an explanation in the contribution guide, that's why I'm asking.
Should I rather
* re-trigger a build by a new push (e.g. using git commit --amend)
* add a comment to the github issue like "In principle it works, only some jobs failed. Please just merge my stuff."
* ask on the mailing list for someone to rebuild that job
* don't do anything
?

Thank you in advance for all your great work!
Best,
Lars

Re: What if only 1 of 3 travis jobs fails?

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
If one of the builds passes, don't worry about it unless you happen to
notice that for some odd reason your contribution doesn't work under one of
the other language builds.