Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Marco Villalobos <mv...@kineteque.com> on 2021/02/05 11:09:37 UTC

hybrid state backends

Is it possible to use different statebackends for different operators?
There are certain situations where I want the state to reside completely in
memory, and other situations where I want it stored in rocksdb.

Re: hybrid state backends

Posted by Yun Gao <yu...@aliyun.com>.
Hi Marco,

Sorry that current statebackend is a global configuration and could
not be configured differently for different operators.

One possible alternative option to this requirements might be set rocksdb
as the default statebackend, and for those operators that want to put state
 in memory, a new operator might be implemented by extends AbstractStreamOperator
and rewrite the snapshotState() method, and use raw state to snapshot the in-memory
data. However, this option would touch some non-user-level api of flink.

Best,
Sender:Marco Villalobos<mv...@kineteque.com>
Date:2021/02/05 19:09:37
Recipient:user<us...@flink.apache.org>