Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Aparajith Srinivasan Vangal <Ap...@infosys.com> on 2007/06/15 06:40:50 UTC

req help regarding HttpClient

Hi,

I am using HttpClient application in one of the applets.

I am using this for uploading a file.

I have a signed applet, the applet is trusted by my browser.

The applet is able to access the file system in the host where the
applet is deployed.

But I am getting a Access Denied exception.

Somewhere the applet is trying to read the log table of apache.

If Possible please help me in this regard.

I am pasting the stack trace here.

Java Plug-in 1.5.0_02

Using JRE version 1.5.0_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Aparajith_Vangal

c:   clear console window

f:   finalize objects on finalization queue

g:   garbage collect

h:   display this help message

l:   dump classloader list

m:   print memory usage

o:   trigger logging

p:   reload proxy configuration

q:   hide console

r:   reload policy configuration

s:   dump system and deployment properties

t:   dump thread list

v:   dump thread stack

x:   clear classloader cache

0-5: set trace level to <n>

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2"
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

            at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.<clinit>(HttpConnection.jav
a:1320)

            at FileSignAndUpload.HttpPost(FileSignAndUpload.java:550)

            at
FileSignAndUpload.actionPerformed(FileSignAndUpload.java:283)

            at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

            at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

            at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

            at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
Source)

            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown
Source)

            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown
Source)

            at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

            at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.util.PropertyPermission
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.HashtableImpl read)

            at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

            at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)

            at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown
Source)

            at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.createFactoryStore(LogFactory.java
:320)

            at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:1725)

            ... 26 more

Aparajith VS

Software Er. - Security and Privacy | SETLabs |

Hyderabad | Infosys Technologies Ltd. |

Tel: 040 - 23005222 - 48427

Aparajith_Vangal@infosys.com <ma...@infosys.com>

Re: req help regarding HttpClient

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
Aparajith,

Since this is a problem in Commons Logging, please ask on their mailing
lists. I guess the solution is to setup commons logging
programmatically, instead of relying on System properties, BEFORE making
any calls to HttpClient.

Cheers

Ortwin

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/

Re: req help regarding HttpClient

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Hello,

Aparajith Srinivasan Vangal wrote:
> I am using HttpClient application in one of the applets.
>
> I am using this for uploading a file.
>
> I have a signed applet, the applet is trusted by my browser.

You have to sign all JARs, including commons-logging.

hope that helps,
  Roland