Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ferruh Zamangoer <fe...@gmx.de> on 2005/05/19 15:08:40 UTC

Changing URL in ServiceLocator Class

Hi,

I want to know if it's conform to web service standard, if I create a web
service for example Service A. The service A is available on several servers
(server1, server2, server 3). The Client use the services on the several
servers for example first he use the server1 after that he want use again
the service on server 2. We want to build a kind of load balancing.

For example the client holds a list of available servers. On every request
he uses one of the several servers. I have generate the stubs with wsdl2Java
. Then I see that in the code that the url is hardcoded. Our client stubs
and server stubs are generated once and is never changed. What I want to do
is that I use on every invocation a another URL of a server where the
service is available. I' am write a set method for the address see below in
the Locator Class.

// Use to get a proxy class for CUserService

    private java.lang.String CUserService_address =
"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/CUserService";

    public java.lang.String getCUserServiceAddress() {

        return CUserService_address;

    }

    public void setCUserServiceAddress(String adress) {

        CUserService_address = adress;

    }

But is this Web service conform possible it is?

Thanks in advance

Ferruh