Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2016/08/17 13:17:30 UTC

Refactoring our Wiki spaces

I am starting a new thread with a new subject in the dev list to discuss
the interesting topic about Wiki space cleanup/refactoring that was started
by Jacques as an off topic (going off-topic is a bad habit that we should
try to limit).

In my opinion we could just have one Wiki space (open to contributors) and
we could consolidate there all the content that is valuable. We could keep
the existing spaces as an archive (removing all prominent links to them)
until the new Wiki is completed.

As regards the separate Wiki space for the PMC, I would wait before
creating it at least until there is a clear evidence that such space is
really required.

Jacopo

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+

Re: Refactoring our Wiki spaces

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
That seems also a good idea to me

Jacques

Le 18/08/2016 � 08:25, Nicolas Malin a �crit :

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, the whole purpose of a wiki is to provide and organize information.
If we are going to worry about comments and "history" then we are using the
wrong tool for that. History is the last thing I would care about, instead
we should focus on having clean updated information.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
I am not too much concerned about comments being deleted because the value
of comments should be transient (if not their content should be embedded in
the page).
For attachments I see that it would be an issue to loose them... but as far
as I remember we had no problems in the past so maybe we could try to leave
permissions as they are now.
However I don't have a strong opinion on this topic, both ways are ok to me.

Jacopo

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Jacques Le Roux <

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
As I explained below  "Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 12:51 PM", content is not a problem because it's still in page history or space trash. The problem is with
comments and attachments, see my previous explanation and question.

Maybe you implicitly agree about what I suggested about news, comments and attachment?

Jacques

Le 17/08/2016 � 17:12, Jacopo Cappellato a �crit :

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Jacopo,