Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2012/03/05 11:43:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.0 (RC3, take 2)

Hi.

This new vote is called because new binaries have been compiled.
The source code is identical to what was used to generate the previous ones.

Tag:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_0_RC3/

Site:
  http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.0/RC3/

Binaries:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-053/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.0/

[ ] +1 Release it.
[ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.
[ ] -0 There are a few minor glitches: ...
[ ] -1 No, do not release it because ...

This vote will close in 72 hours (2012-3-8 10:30 GMT).

Best regards,
Gilles

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Commons Math 3.0 (RC3, take 2)

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Tag:
> >>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_0_RC3/
> >>
> >> Site:
> >>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.0/RC3/
> >>
> >> Binaries:
> >>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-053/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.0/
> >>
> >> [ ] +1 Release it.
> >> [ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.
> >> [ ] -0 There are a few minor glitches: ...
> >> [ ] -1 No, do not release it because ...
> >>
> >> This vote will close in 72 hours (2012-3-8 10:30 GMT).
> >>

> > The results are:
> >
> > -------------------+---------
> >    Name            |   Vote
> > -------------------+---------
> >  Luc Maisonobe     |    +1
> >  Oliver Heger      |    +1
> >  Jörg Schaible     |    +1
> >  Thomas Neidhart   |    +1
> >  Sébastien Brisard |    +1
> > -------------------+---------
> >
> > Did I miss any vote? [It happened quite a few times that posts from the ML
> > was blocked by my ISP (on the ground that it was spam because the originator
> > site of the post was listed on "sbl.spamhaus.org").]
>
> You didn't miss any vote (but didn't vote yourself).

Too bad the time is up; you can imagine that I'd have cast a -1. ;-)

> Among the voters, the 3 required binding votes are Luc, Oliver and Jörg,
> so the vote passes.

Good that executive and legislative do not mix...

Thank you very much to all the testers and voters.

Best,
Gilles

P.S. I've written down a little document, a step-by-step "howto" for the
     release preparation procedure. Should I commit it in the root of the
     "math" source tree? Or is there a better place? [It's a text document,
     together with minimal "settings.xml" and "settings-security.xml" files
     containing _everything_ necessary for all the various commands to
     actually work!]

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Commons Math 3.0 (RC3, take 2)

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 08/03/2012 11:45, Gilles Sadowski a écrit :
> Hello.
>
>> [...]
>>
>> Tag:
>>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_0_RC3/
>>
>> Site:
>>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.0/RC3/
>>
>> Binaries:
>>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-053/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.0/
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release it.
>> [ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.
>> [ ] -0 There are a few minor glitches: ...
>> [ ] -1 No, do not release it because ...
>>
>> This vote will close in 72 hours (2012-3-8 10:30 GMT).
>>

> The results are:
>
> -------------------+---------
>    Name            |   Vote
> -------------------+---------
>  Luc Maisonobe     |    +1
>  Oliver Heger      |    +1
>  Jörg Schaible     |    +1
>  Thomas Neidhart   |    +1
>  Sébastien Brisard |    +1
> -------------------+---------
>
> Did I miss any vote? [It happened quite a few times that posts from the ML
> was blocked by my ISP (on the ground that it was spam because the originator
> site of the post was listed on "sbl.spamhaus.org").]

You didn't miss any vote (but didn't vote yourself).
Among the voters, the 3 required binding votes are Luc, Oliver and Jörg,
so the vote passes.

Luc

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hello.

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.0 (RC3, take 2)

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Gilles Sadowski wrote:

> Hi.
>
> This new vote is called because new binaries have been compiled.
> The source code is identical to what was used to generate the previous
> ones.
>

> Tag:
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_0_RC3/
>
> Site:
>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.0/RC3/
>
> Binaries:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-053/org/apache/commons/commons-
math3/3.0/

> [ ] +1 Release it.
> [ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.
> [ ] -0 There are a few minor glitches: ...
> [ ] -1 No, do not release it because ...
>
> This vote will close in 72 hours (2012-3-8 10:30 GMT).

+1,

builds fine with my compiler zoo.

- Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.0 (RC3, take 2)

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 12:15:20AM +0100, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> I ran Cobertura and uploaded the result here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/math/cobertura
>
> It took more than 4 hours to complete on my Core 2 Duo, ouch!

Thanks for the effort! :-)

> At the
> end JavaNCSS complained about the hexadecimal floating numbers in
> some classes but it didn't prevent the report from being generated.
>
> Cobertura reveals some untested code, I don't know if it's worth
> holding the release for this.
>
> - ParameterizedWrapper : no tests
> - SimpleRegression : low coverage
> - org.apache.commons.math3.geometry.euclidean.oned : low coverage
> - Acosh, Asinh, Atanh, Atan2 : not tested
> - Acos, Asin, Atan, Cbrt, Exp, Expm1, and more : derivative() not tested
> - OutlineExtractor : not tested
> - NestedLoops, Vector2D : not tested
> - FastMathCalc : not tested
> - SingularValueDecomposition : case 2 isn't tested at line 344

Developers know that that should aim for 100% coverage. ;-)
However I don't think that coverage was deemed a blocker issue.
[If bugs are discovered in the uncovered paths, we can always add tests and
provide a point release.]

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
I ran Cobertura and uploaded the result here:

http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/math/cobertura

It took more than 4 hours to complete on my Core 2 Duo, ouch! At the end
JavaNCSS complained about the hexadecimal floating numbers in some
classes but it didn't prevent the report from being generated.

Cobertura reveals some untested code, I don't know if it's worth holding
the release for this.

- ParameterizedWrapper : no tests
- SimpleRegression : low coverage
- org.apache.commons.math3.geometry.euclidean.oned : low coverage
- Acosh, Asinh, Atanh, Atan2 : not tested
- Acos, Asin, Atan, Cbrt, Exp, Expm1, and more : derivative() not tested
- OutlineExtractor : not tested
- NestedLoops, Vector2D : not tested
- FastMathCalc : not tested
- SingularValueDecomposition : case 2 isn't tested at line 344

Emmanuel Bourg

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
+1

Successfully tested the ant and maven builds on JDK 1.5 on Windows 7.
Artifacts and site look good.

Oliver

Posted by Sébastien Brisard <se...@m4x.org>.
Hi Gilles,
and thanks again!

[X] +1 Release it.
[ ] +0 Go ahead; I don't care.
[ ] -0 There are a few minor glitches: ...
[ ] -1 No, do not release it because ...

Best regards,
Sébastien

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.0 (RC3, take 2)

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Gilles Sadowski <
gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> This new vote is called because new binaries have been compiled.
> The source code is identical to what was used to generate the previous
> ones.
>

> Tag:
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_0_RC3/
>
> Site:
>  http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.0/RC3/
>
> Binaries:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-053/org/apache/commons/commons-math3/3.0/
>
> [X] +1 Release it.

Thanks Gilles!

Thomas

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.0 (RC3, take 2)

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 05/03/2012 11:43, Gilles Sadowski a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> This new vote is called because new binaries have been compiled.
> The source code is identical to what was used to generate the previous ones.
>

> Tag:
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_0_RC3/
>
> Site:
>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/math/3.0/RC3/