Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Sumit Shah <sh...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2006/06/05 22:09:55 UTC

Remote testing

Dear JMeter-Devs:

I have been using JMeter in non-gui mode and remote testing.  However
when the test completes it does not exit.  It simply hangs on:

Tidying up ...
... end of run

A fix for this could include the addition of this line:

Thread.currentThread().setDaemon(true);

In the startServer method of JMeter.java like so:

       public void startServer(int port) {
               try {
                       new RemoteJMeterEngineImpl(port);
                       Thread.currentThread().setDaemon(true);
                       while (true) {
                               Thread.sleep(Long.MAX_VALUE);
                       }
               } catch (Exception ex) {
                       log.error("Giving up, as server failed with:",
ex);
                       System.exit(0);// Give up
               }
       }

Can this line be checked in?

Thanks!

Sumit

Re: Remote testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Works fine for me using a test containing just a Java Sampler.

I can even run the same test multiple times, without needing to
restart the server.

Please could you try creating a test plan with a single Java Request
Sampler, and see how that works for you?

If tha works OK, but other test plans do not, then presumably there is
something else in your test plan that is causing the client to hang.

By the way, the code sample you mention is used by the server code,
not the client.
This suggests that the problem is with the server.
What happens when you run in GUI mode? Does the test complete OK, i.e.
does the green light go out?

S.

RE: Remote testing

Posted by Sumit Shah <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.