Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jon Forrest <fo...@ce.berkeley.edu> on 2004/09/24 01:22:03 UTC

The "cannot find -lapr-0" and ""undefined symbol: apr_bucket_setaside_notimpl" problems again

-------------8<---------- Start Bug Report ------------8<----------
1. Problem Description:

   I'm also suffering from the common
	/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lapr-0
   problem. Copying /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.a to /usr/lib
   make the link problem go away but I still see many
   "undefined symbol: apr_bucket_setaside_notimpl" when running make test
   (12 tests out of 209 fail).

    This happens on both a fresh install of Mandrake 10.0 and
    Fedora Core 2 using handbuilt perl 5.8.5 and httpd 2.0.51.
    I'm trying to build a statically-linked version of mod_perl
    to use with Request Tracker. I've seen other people mention
    these problems but I thought I'd send in this bug report to
    give you more data points. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Used Components and their Configuration:

*** mod_perl version 1.9916

*** using /usr/local/src/mod_perl-1.99_16/lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm

*** Makefile.PL options:
   MP_APR_LIB     => aprext
   MP_AP_BUILD    =>
   MP_AP_PREFIX   => /usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51
   MP_COMPAT_1X   => 1
   MP_GENERATE_XS => 1
   MP_LIBNAME     => mod_perl
   MP_USE_DSO     => 1
   MP_USE_STATIC  => 1

*** /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.51
Server built:   Sep 23 2004 15:19:37
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:9
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
  -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
  -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
  -D APR_HAS_MMAP
  -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
  -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
  -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
  -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
  -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
  -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
  -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache2"
  -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache2/bin/suexec"
  -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
  -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
  -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
  -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
  -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
  -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

*** (apr|apu)-config linking info

  -L/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/srclib/apr -lapr-0 -lrt -lm -lcrypt -lnsl  -lpthread -ldl

*** /usr/local/bin/perl -V
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 8 subversion 5) configuration:
   Platform:
     osname=linux, osvers=2.6.5-1.358smp, archname=i686-linux
     uname='linux nobozo.ce.berkeley.edu 2.6.5-1.358smp #1 smp sat may 8 09:25:36 edt 2004 i686 i686 i386 gnulinux '
     config_args='-d'
     usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef usemultiplicity=undef
     useperlio=define d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef
     use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
     usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef
   Compiler:
     cc='cc', ccflags ='-fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-I/usr/include/gdbm',
     optimize='-O2',
     cppflags='-fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/gdbm'
     ccversion='', gccversion='3.3.3 20040412 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7)', gccosandvers=''
     intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=1234
     d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=12
     ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t', lseeksize=8
     alignbytes=4, prototype=define
   Linker and Libraries:
     ld='cc', ldflags =' -L/usr/local/lib'
     libpth=/usr/local/lib /lib /usr/lib
     libs=-lnsl -lgdbm -ldb -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc
     perllibs=-lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc
     libc=/lib/libc-2.3.3.so, so=so, useshrplib=false, libperl=libperl.a
     gnulibc_version='2.3.3'
   Dynamic Linking:
     dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags='-Wl,-E'
     cccdlflags='-fpic', lddlflags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib'

   Compile-time options: USE_LARGE_FILES
   Built under linux
   Compiled at Sep 23 2004 15:27:52
   %ENV:
     PERL_LWP_USE_HTTP_10="1"
   @INC:
     /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i686-linux
     /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5
     /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i686-linux
     /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5
     /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
     .

*** Packages of interest status:

Apache::Request: -
CGI            : 3.05
LWP            : -
mod_perl       : -

3. This is the core dump trace: (if you get a core dump):

   [CORE TRACE COMES HERE]

This report was generated by t/REPORT on Thu Sep 23 22:53:44 2004 GMT.

-------------8<---------- End Bug Report --------------8<----------

Re: Other Problems with CVS Version

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Jon Forrest wrote:
> (I'm not sure if I should continue posting these reports
> to the list. Please let me know if I should send them to just
> you.)

Yes, please always post those to the list. If the files are too big and
you can upload them somewhere and send a link here, that works too. We
need to keep all the discussions on the list, because people tend to have
similar issues, and then they can learn how to solve those if the
discussion is on the list and is archived for the later reuse.

Also feel free to start a new thread, since we have deviated from the
original topic...

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>> Oh, sorry, for some reason I thought you were talking about the static
>> build. Could you please post the output of:
>>
>> t/TEST -conf -trace=debug
>

> I downloaded the latest httpd (2.0.52) and the CVS version
> of mod_perl as of ~1600 California time.
>
> Running this command results in:
>
> [root@nobozo modperl-2.0]# t/TEST -conf -trace=debug
> [  debug] loading custom config data from:
> '/usr/local/src/modperl-2.0/lib/Apache/TestConfigData.pm'
> [  debug] configuring httpd
> something is wrong, mod_perl 2.0 build should have supplied all the
> needed information to run the tests. Please post
> lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm along with the bug report at
> /usr/local/src/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm line 349.
>
> The bug report shows the same problem as before - that httpd couldn't
> be found.

Well, at least the two are consistent :) Please post
lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm as  it has suggested.

>> Also this shouldn't affect things, but any difference if you set
>> APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1 env var?
>>
>> APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1 t/TEST -conf
>

> No.
>
> By the way, I also tried to build the static version using
> the command
>
> perl Makefile.PL MP_USE_STATIC=1 MP_AP_PREFIX=/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.52
>
> This resulted in the following error message:
>
> Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
>    MP_USE_STATIC = 1
>    MP_AP_PREFIX = /usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.52
> [  error] You specified MP_USE_STATIC but did not specify the arguments
> to httpd's ./configure with MP_AP_CONFIGURE
>

> Is this correct? Since I don't use any arguments to ./configure when
> I build httpd why do I need to use the MP_AP_CONFIGURE option?

You have a valid point here. We always pass tons of arguments to
./configure, so we didn't think that someone may have no need to pass any :)

Please post this issue as a separate email (preferrably to the dev list
[1]), and Philippe, who now polishes the static build, will take care of it.

[1] http://perl.apache.org/maillist/dev.html

Re: Other Problems with CVS Version

Posted by Jon Forrest <fo...@ce.berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Jon Forrest wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Jon Forrest wrote:
>>
>>> Stan suggested that I try the CVS version, which I did.
>>> I reported that its make procedure has a problem finding
>>> httpd.
>

> Sorry for calling you Stan, Stas.

No worries :)

>> Did you try building the DSO version? Did it work for you?
>
> It builds but make test fails for the reason I originally
> mentioned - the test can't find httpd.

Oh, sorry, for some reason I thought you were talking about the static
build. Could you please post the output of:

t/TEST -conf -trace=debug

Also this shouldn't affect things, but any difference if you set
APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1 env var?

APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1 t/TEST -conf

>>> 2) In the past, when I've run this step, I saw
>>> that both the DSO and the static versions of
>>> mod_perl will be made, as the documentation
>>> states. This time I only see that the DSO
>>> version is being made.
>>

>> Yup, we have changed that, because we found that there is no point in
>> building the two. Can you please point out where in the docs it still
>> claims to build both?
>

> In
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#mod_perl_Build_Options
>
> it says:
>
> "MP_USE_DSO - Build mod_perl as a DSO (mod_perl.so). This is the default.
> It'll be turned off if MP_USE_STATIC=1 is used."
>
> and
>
> "MP_USE_STATIC - Build static mod_perl (mod_perl.a). This is the default.
> It'll be turned off if MP_USE_DSO=1 is used."
>
> Since both are the default it's implying that both are built
> which used to be true.
>
> By the way, to correct a typo, in
> "Static mod_perl - Before you proceed make sure that Apache 2.0
> has been downloaded and extracted. mod_perl cannot be build before that"
>
> change "build" to "built".
>
> Also, in the section where you describe MP_APXS I would suggest
> saying that MP_APXS should not be used when MP_USE_STATIC is
> used (assuming this is true).

Excellent. Could you please send a doc patch against:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.pod.orig
(it's updated every 6 hours)
or against the docs cvs (preferrable if you plan on posting more
improvements, hint, hint :):
http://perl.apache.org/download/docs.html

Re: Other Problems with CVS Version

Posted by Jon Forrest <fo...@ce.berkeley.edu>.
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Jon Forrest wrote:
>
>> Stan suggested that I try the CVS version, which I did.
>> I reported that its make procedure has a problem finding
>> httpd.

Sorry for calling you Stan, Stas.

> Did you try building the DSO version? Did it work for you?

It builds but make test fails for the reason I originally
mentioned - the test can't find httpd.

>> 2) In the past, when I've run this step, I saw
>> that both the DSO and the static versions of
>> mod_perl will be made, as the documentation
>> states. This time I only see that the DSO
>> version is being made.
>

> Yup, we have changed that, because we found that there is no point in
> building the two. Can you please point out where in the docs it still
> claims to build both?

In http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#mod_perl_Build_Options
it says:

"MP_USE_DSO - Build mod_perl as a DSO (mod_perl.so). This is the default.
It'll be turned off if MP_USE_STATIC=1 is used."

and

"MP_USE_STATIC - Build static mod_perl (mod_perl.a). This is the default.
It'll be turned off if MP_USE_DSO=1 is used."

Since both are the default it's implying that both are built
which used to be true.

By the way, to correct a typo, in
"Static mod_perl - Before you proceed make sure that Apache 2.0
has been downloaded and extracted. mod_perl cannot be build before that"

change "build" to "built".

Also, in the section where you describe MP_APXS I would suggest
saying that MP_APXS should not be used when MP_USE_STATIC is
used (assuming this is true).

Cordially,
Jon Forrest

Re: Other Problems with CVS Version

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Jon Forrest wrote:
> Stan suggested that I try the CVS version, which I did.
> I reported that its make procedure has a problem finding
> httpd.

Did you try building the DSO version? Did it work for you?

> Meanwhile, I looked more closely at what happens when
> I try to make the CVS version (output appended below)
> and I noticed several other strange things.
>
> 1) META.yml is missing from the kit.

That's not a problem, when the release is done it'll be there. This
happens because META.yml is autogenerated only when one runs 'make dist',
which is ExtUtils::MakeMaker's feature and not under our control.

> 2) In the past, when I've run this step, I saw
> that both the DSO and the static versions of
> mod_perl will be made, as the documentation
> states. This time I only see that the DSO
> version is being made.

Yup, we have changed that, because we found that there is no point in
building the two. Can you please point out where in the docs it still
claims to build both?

> I hope these comments are useful.

Thanks.

Other Problems with CVS Version

Posted by Jon Forrest <fo...@ce.berkeley.edu>.
Stan suggested that I try the CVS version, which I did.
I reported that its make procedure has a problem finding
httpd.

Meanwhile, I looked more closely at what happens when
I try to make the CVS version (output appended below)
and I noticed several other strange things.

1) META.yml is missing from the kit.

2) In the past, when I've run this step, I saw
that both the DSO and the static versions of
mod_perl will be made, as the documentation
states. This time I only see that the DSO
version is being made.

I hope these comments are useful.

Jon Forrest

---
[root@nobozo modperl-2.0]# perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51
Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
    MP_AP_PREFIX = /usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51
Configuring Apache/2.0.51 mod_perl/1.99_17-dev Perl/v5.8.5
[   info] generating script t/TEST
Checking if your kit is complete...
Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
         META.yml
Please inform the author.
Writing Makefile for Apache::Test
[   info] generating script t/TEST
Writing Makefile for ModPerl::Registry
Writing Makefile for APR::Base64
Writing Makefile for APR::Brigade
Writing Makefile for APR::Bucket
Writing Makefile for APR::BucketType
Writing Makefile for APR::Date
Writing Makefile for APR::Error
Writing Makefile for APR::Finfo
Writing Makefile for APR::IpSubnet
Writing Makefile for APR::OS
Writing Makefile for APR::Pool
Writing Makefile for APR::SockAddr
Writing Makefile for APR::Socket
Writing Makefile for APR::String
Writing Makefile for APR::Table
Writing Makefile for APR::ThreadMutex
Writing Makefile for APR::URI
Writing Makefile for APR::UUID
Writing Makefile for APR::Util
Writing Makefile for APR
Writing Makefile for Apache::Access
Writing Makefile for Apache::CmdParms
Writing Makefile for Apache::Command
Writing Makefile for Apache::Connection
Writing Makefile for Apache::Directive
Writing Makefile for Apache::Filter
Writing Makefile for Apache::FilterRec
Writing Makefile for Apache::HookRun
Writing Makefile for Apache::Log
Writing Makefile for Apache::MPM
Writing Makefile for Apache::Module
Writing Makefile for Apache::Process
Writing Makefile for Apache::RequestIO
Writing Makefile for Apache::RequestRec
Writing Makefile for Apache::RequestUtil
Writing Makefile for Apache::Response
Writing Makefile for Apache::ServerRec
Writing Makefile for Apache::ServerUtil
Writing Makefile for Apache::SubProcess
Writing Makefile for Apache::SubRequest
Writing Makefile for Apache::URI
Writing Makefile for Apache::Util
Writing Makefile for Apache
Writing Makefile for ModPerl::Global
Writing Makefile for ModPerl::Util
Writing Makefile for ModPerl
Writing Makefile for ModPerl::WrapXS
Writing Makefile for APR
Writing Makefile for APR::Const
Writing Makefile for APR::PerlIO
Writing Makefile for libaprext
Writing Makefile for APR_build
Writing Makefile for Apache::Const
Writing Makefile for Apache_build
Writing Makefile for ModPerl::Const
Writing Makefile for ModPerl
Writing Makefile for ModPerl::XS
Writing Makefile for mod_perl
[warning] mod_perl dso library will be built as mod_perl.so
[warning] You'll need to add the following to httpd.conf:
[warning]  LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so

Re: Linking Problems Solved With New CVS Version But New Problem Occurs

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Jon Forrest wrote:
> Yesterday I submitted a bug report titled
> "The "cannot find -lapr-0" and ""undefined symbol:
> apr_bucket_setaside_notimpl" problems again" and
> you said
>
>> Jon, please try the current cvs:
>> http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html#Development_mod_perl_2_0_Source_Distribution
>

> I just did. The linking and undefined symbol problem went
> away but there is a new problem. The make test step can't
> find httpd. Again, this is on Fedora Core 2
> with a fresh handbuilt httpd. Here's the bug report:
>
> 1. Problem Description:
>
>   Running make test results in the following message:
>
> ---
> something is wrong, mod_perl 2.0 build should have supplied
> all the needed information to run the tests. Please post
> lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm along with the bug report at
> /usr/local/src/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm line 349.

Thanks Jon, we found that the static build still needs some work. So stay
tuned for the moment when Philippe finishes polishing it (should be soonish).

Meanwhile please use DSO (dynamic) build.

Linking Problems Solved With New CVS Version But New Problem Occurs

Posted by Jon Forrest <fo...@ce.berkeley.edu>.
Yesterday I submitted a bug report titled
"The "cannot find -lapr-0" and ""undefined symbol:
apr_bucket_setaside_notimpl" problems again" and
you said

> Jon, please try the current cvs:
> http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html#Development_mod_perl_2_0_Source_Distribution

I just did. The linking and undefined symbol problem went
away but there is a new problem. The make test step can't
find httpd. Again, this is on Fedora Core 2
with a fresh handbuilt httpd. Here's the bug report:

1. Problem Description:

   Running make test results in the following message:

---
something is wrong, mod_perl 2.0 build should have supplied
all the needed information to run the tests. Please post
lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm along with the bug report at
/usr/local/src/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm line 349.
---
   I've appended BuildConfig.pm at the end of this bug report.

2. Used Components and their Configuration:

*** mod_perl version 1.9917

*** using /usr/local/src/modperl-2.0/lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm

*** Makefile.PL options:
   MP_APR_LIB     => aprext
   MP_AP_PREFIX   => /usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51
   MP_COMPAT_1X   => 1
   MP_GENERATE_XS => 1
   MP_LIBNAME     => mod_perl
   MP_USE_DSO     => 1

*** The httpd binary was not found

*** (apr|apu)-config linking info

-L/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/srclib/apr/.libs
  -L/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/srclib/apr -lapr-0 -lrt -lm -lcrypt -lnsl  -lpthread -ldl
-L/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/srclib/apr-util/.libs
  -L/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/srclib/apr-util -laprutil-0 -lgdbm -ldb-4.2 -lexpat

[...]

BuildConfig.PL -----
#
# /*
#  * *********** WARNING **************
#  * This file generated by Apache::Build/0.01
#  * Any changes made here will be lost
#  * ***********************************
#  * 01: lib/ModPerl/Code.pm:702
#  * 02: lib/Apache/Build.pm:810
#  * 03: lib/Apache/Build.pm:827
#  * 04: Makefile.PL:325
#  * 05: Makefile.PL:91
#  */
#
package Apache::BuildConfig;

use Apache::Build ();

sub new {
     bless( {
                  'MODPERL_AR' => 'ar',
                  'MODPERL_OBJ_EXT' => '.o',
                  'ap_includedir' => '/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/include',
                  'MODPERL_O_FILES' => 'mod_perl.o modperl_interp.o modperl_tipoo
l.o modperl_log.o modperl_config.o modperl_cmd.o modperl_options.o modperl_callb
ack.o modperl_handler.o modperl_gtop.o modperl_util.o modperl_io.o modperl_io_ap
ache.o modperl_filter.o modperl_bucket.o modperl_mgv.o modperl_pcw.o modperl_glo
bal.o modperl_env.o modperl_cgi.o modperl_perl.o modperl_perl_global.o modperl_p
erl_pp.o modperl_sys.o modperl_module.o modperl_svptr_table.o modperl_const.o mo
dperl_constants.o modperl_apache_compat.o modperl_error.o modperl_debug.o modper
l_common_util.o modperl_common_log.o modperl_hooks.o modperl_directives.o modper
l_flags.o modperl_xsinit.o modperl_exports.o',
                  'MP_USE_DSO' => 1,
                  'MODPERL_O_PIC_FILES' => 'mod_perl.lo modperl_interp.lo modperl
_tipool.lo modperl_log.lo modperl_config.lo modperl_cmd.lo modperl_options.lo mo
dperl_callback.lo modperl_handler.lo modperl_gtop.lo modperl_util.lo modperl_io.
lo modperl_io_apache.lo modperl_filter.lo modperl_bucket.lo modperl_mgv.lo modpe
rl_pcw.lo modperl_global.lo modperl_env.lo modperl_cgi.lo modperl_perl.lo modper
l_perl_global.lo modperl_perl_pp.lo modperl_sys.lo modperl_module.lo modperl_svp
tr_table.lo modperl_const.lo modperl_constants.lo modperl_apache_compat.lo modpe
rl_error.lo modperl_debug.lo modperl_common_util.lo modperl_common_log.lo modper
l_hooks.lo modperl_directives.lo modperl_flags.lo modperl_xsinit.lo modperl_expo
rts.lo',
                  'MODPERL_AP_INCLUDEDIR' => '/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/include
',
                  'MODPERL_RM' => 'rm',
                  'file_ldopts' => 'src/modules/perl/ldopts',
                  'MODPERL_CPPRUN' => 'cc -E',
                  'cwd' => '/usr/local/src/modperl-2.0',
                  'MODPERL_RANLIB' => ':',
                  'MP_GENERATE_XS' => 1,
                  'MP_AP_PREFIX' => '/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51',
                  'MODPERL_ARCHLIBEXP' => '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i686-linux'
,
                  'libpth' => [
                                '/usr/local/lib',
                                '/lib',
                                '/usr/lib'
                              ],
                  'MODPERL_LIB_DSO' => 'mod_perl.so',
                  'MODPERL_XSUBPP' => '$(MODPERL_PERLPATH) $(MODPERL_PRIVLIBEXP)/
ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap $(MODPERL_PRIVLIBEXP)/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap /usr/lo
cal/src/modperl-2.0/lib/typemap',
                  'MODPERL_PRIVLIBEXP' => '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5',
                  'MODPERL_LIB_STATIC' => 'mod_perl.a',
                  'MODPERL_RM_F' => 'rm -f',
                  'MODPERL_MAKEFILE' => 'Makefile',
                  'MODPERL_CCOPTS' => ' -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/i
nclude -I/usr/include/gdbm -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i686-linux/CORE -DMOD_PE
RL -DMP_COMPAT_1X',
                  'MODPERL_LDDLFLAGS' => '-shared -L/usr/local/lib',
                  'MODPERL_INC' => '-I/usr/local/src/modperl-2.0/src/modules/perl
  -I/usr/local/src/modperl-2.0/xs -I/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/include -I/usr/lo
cal/src/httpd-2.0.51/srclib/apr/include -I/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/srclib/apr
-util/include -I/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/os/unix',
                  'file_build_config' => 'lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm',
                  'XS' => {},
                  'httpd_version' => {
                                       '/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/include' => '
2.0.51'
                                     },
                  'apr_config' => {
                                    'HAS_FORK' => '1',
                                    'HAS_THREADS' => '1',
                                    'HAS_MMAP' => '1',
                                    'HAS_RANDOM' => '1',
                                    'HAS_DSO' => '1',
                                    'HAS_SENDFILE' => '1',
                                    'HAS_LARGE_FILES' => '0',
                                    'HAS_INLINE' => '1'
                                  },
                  'MP_COMPAT_1X' => 1,
                  'MODPERL_LIBNAME' => 'mod_perl',
                  'apr_config_path' => '/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/srclib/apr/ap
r-config',
                  'MODPERL_LIB_EXT' => '.a',
                  'MODPERL_C_FILES' => 'mod_perl.c modperl_interp.c modperl_tipoo
l.c modperl_log.c modperl_config.c modperl_cmd.c modperl_options.c modperl_callb
ack.c modperl_handler.c modperl_gtop.c modperl_util.c modperl_io.c modperl_io_ap
ache.c modperl_filter.c modperl_bucket.c modperl_mgv.c modperl_pcw.c modperl_glo
bal.c modperl_env.c modperl_cgi.c modperl_perl.c modperl_perl_global.c modperl_p
erl_pp.c modperl_sys.c modperl_module.c modperl_svptr_table.c modperl_const.c mo
dperl_constants.c modperl_apache_compat.c modperl_error.c modperl_debug.c modper
l_common_util.c modperl_common_log.c modperl_hooks.c modperl_directives.c modper
l_flags.c modperl_xsinit.c modperl_exports.c',
                  'MP_LIBNAME' => 'mod_perl',
                  'MODPERL_H_FILES' => 'mod_perl.h modperl_interp.h modperl_tipoo
l.h modperl_log.h modperl_config.h modperl_cmd.h modperl_options.h modperl_callb
ack.h modperl_handler.h modperl_gtop.h modperl_util.h modperl_io.h modperl_io_ap
ache.h modperl_filter.h modperl_bucket.h modperl_mgv.h modperl_pcw.h modperl_glo
bal.h modperl_env.h modperl_cgi.h modperl_perl.h modperl_perl_global.h modperl_p
erl_pp.h modperl_sys.h modperl_module.h modperl_svptr_table.h modperl_const.h mo
dperl_constants.h modperl_apache_compat.h modperl_error.h modperl_debug.h modper
l_common_util.h modperl_common_log.h modperl_perl_unembed.h modperl_types.h modp
erl_time.h modperl_apache_includes.h modperl_perl_includes.h modperl_apr_include
s.h modperl_apr_compat.h modperl_common_includes.h modperl_common_types.h modper
l_hooks.h modperl_directives.h modperl_flags.h modperl_trace.h modperl_largefile
s.h',
                  'MODPERL_TEST_F' => 'test -f',
                  'MP_APR_LIB' => 'aprext',
                  'dir' => '/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51',
                  'MODPERL_MV' => 'mv',
                  'MODPERL_LDOPTS' => '-Wl,-E  -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/pe
rl5/5.8.5/i686-linux/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a -L/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i
686-linux/CORE -lperl -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc',
                  'MODPERL_CP' => 'cp',
                  'file_makefile' => 'src/modules/perl/Makefile',
                  'MODPERL_LIB_SHARED' => 'mod_perl.so',
                  'MODPERL_PERLPATH' => '/usr/local/bin/perl',
                  'MODPERL_CC' => 'cc',
                  'MODPERL_CCCDLFLAGS' => '-fpic',
                  'apr_includedir' => '/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/srclib/apr/inc
lude',
                  'MODPERL_AP_LIBEXECDIR' => '/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.51/modules
',
                  'MODPERL_DLEXT' => 'so',
                  'httpd_is_source_tree' => '1',
                  'MODPERL_OPTIMIZE' => '-O2',
                  'MODPERL_LIB' => 'mod_perl.so',
                  'MODPERL_LIBPERL' => '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i686-linux/COR
E/libperl.a',
                  'MODPERL_AP_LIBS' => '',
                  'MODPERL_LD' => 'cc',
                  'VERSION' => '1.99_17-dev'
                }, 'Apache::Build' );
}

1;

This report was generated by ./REPORT on Fri Sep 24 16:36:15 2004 GMT.

Re: The "cannot find -lapr-0" and ""undefined symbol: apr_bucket_setaside_notimpl" problems again

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Jon Forrest wrote:
> -------------8<---------- Start Bug Report ------------8<----------
> 1. Problem Description:
>
>   I'm also suffering from the common
>     /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lapr-0
>   problem. Copying /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.a to /usr/lib
>   make the link problem go away but I still see many
>   "undefined symbol: apr_bucket_setaside_notimpl" when running make test
>   (12 tests out of 209 fail).
>
>    This happens on both a fresh install of Mandrake 10.0 and
>    Fedora Core 2 using handbuilt perl 5.8.5 and httpd 2.0.51.
>    I'm trying to build a statically-linked version of mod_perl
>    to use with Request Tracker. I've seen other people mention
>    these problems but I thought I'd send in this bug report to
>    give you more data points. Thanks for any suggestions.

Jon, please try the current cvs:
http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html#Development_mod_perl_2_0_Source_Distribution

And as I've mentioned in the other email, don't use 2.0.51 in production.
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/patches/apply_to_2.0.51/CAN-2004-0811.patch