Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Harvey, Jon (Contractor)" <Ha...@bp.com> on 2001/03/27 19:47:36 UTC

Fault String = Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'ns2'

Hi again,

Still trying to deploy the samples.addressbook with the given
DeploymentDescriptor...
(java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
DeploymentDescriptor.xml)

I moved from Xerces-1_3_1 to Xerces-_1_2_3
which got me over this error:
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.]

BUT now I get this:
Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'ns2'.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Jon.

Jon Harvey
Oracle Consulting UK Ltd.
(M) 07968 430314

Posted by Sachin Vishwarupe <vs...@cisco.com>.
Hi,
Looks like lot of people are facing same problem, including me :)
Can any soap guru will suggest us, versions of all software packages and
relevant CLASSPATH for both JRun and Tomcat, including SOAP version.
Thanks
Sachin

At 06:47 PM 3/27/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi again,
>
>Still trying to deploy the samples.addressbook with the given
>DeploymentDescriptor...
>(java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
>http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml)
>
>I moved from Xerces-1_3_1 to Xerces-_1_2_3
>which got me over this error:
>
>Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
>msg=A 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must
>contain a: 'faultcode' element.;
>targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
>'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
>'faultcode' element.]
>BUT now I get this:
>Ouch, the call failed:
>   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
>   Fault String = Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'ns2'.
>
>Has anyone seen this before?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jon.
>

>Jon Harvey
>Oracle Consulting UK Ltd.
>(M) 07968 430314

Sachin Vishwarupe
Software Engineer (Enterprise Management BU)
Cisco Systems
(W) 408 853-5857
(R)  408 241-5020
Email: vsachin@cisco.com

Re: Fault String = Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'ns2'

Posted by Sachin Vishwarupe <vs...@cisco.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mathew Clark <ma...@genicomsystems.com>.
RE: client ssl info requestHi,

Hmm moving to Xerces 1.2.3 was the cure for me on the 'ns2' problem.  Have
you definitely removed all instances of the Xerces 1.3.1 path from your
various CLASSPATH definitions?   Also if you are using Apache/Tomcat/Soap,
remember to restart/recompile anything that made use of Xerces1.3.1....

Regards,

Matthew.