Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2001/06/25 02:17:16 UTC

Notice: Removal of XalanJ1 source on Tuesday, 6/26

OK, then let me take this oppurtunity...

On Tuesday I would like to go ahead and remove all files in xml-xalan/src
(i.e. XalanJ 1).

In order to stop this I will need a -1 from one of the committers, or
strong disagreement from one of the users.

The files will still be in the CVS attic, of course, and most of the old
builds are still in http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan-j/old/.

Note that we have also deprecated the XalanJ1 compatibility APIs for
XalanJ2, and plan to remove these also in a release or two.

-scott

                    "Sam Ruby"
                    <rubys@us.ibm        To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                    .com>                cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Xalan1
                    06/24/2001
                    07:22 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xalan-dev

Scott Boag wrote:

> Is it my imagination, or is some stuff in jakarta-alexandria dependent
> on Xalan1?

It is not in your imagination.  But two weeks ago, the same was true for
avalon and turbine too.  For some time now, I have been gently prodding
projects to move up.  Lately the prodding has gotten decidely less
gentle...

- Sam Ruby