Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by azeemyousaf <az...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/09 07:24:37 UTC

How to Reconnect Through same client ID

Hi,

1: I am using Apche.NMS for subcribing to a topic. My problem is that when i
close the ActiveMQ session and Consumer resources it does it without any
error. But when i next time make a new connection with the same client id it
does not allows as the same client is already in connection.
Please some body tell me how to reconnect the the same client.

2: I used second approach to unsubscribe the consumer on my application
close , it deletes the subscription permanently and hence all offline
messages are lost.

Regards,
Azeem

Re: How to Reconnect Through same client ID

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 22:24 -0700, azeemyousaf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1: I am using Apche.NMS for subcribing to a topic. My problem is that when i
> close the ActiveMQ session and Consumer resources it does it without any
> error. But when i next time make a new connection with the same client id it
> does not allows as the same client is already in connection.
> Please some body tell me how to reconnect the the same client.
>
> 2: I used second approach to unsubscribe the consumer on my application
> close , it deletes the subscription permanently and hence all offline
> messages are lost.

Can you open a Jira issue and submit a small sample app that
demonstrates the problem.

Regards
Tim.

--