Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/06 18:55:49 UTC

datanode configuration and slave file

Hi:

   To configure multiple data nodes, would I add to hadoop-default.xml or
the slave file or both?

Thanks

-john

Re: datanode configuration and slave file

Posted by Milind Bhandarkar <mi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
slave file is used by hadoop scripts to execute datanode on the slave
nodes. that is the only place, where you should specify new
datanodes. namenode currently does not know in advance about the
datanodes that are going to register.

milind