Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by David Miller <po...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/13 19:07:55 UTC

Shale ViewController and MyFaces

Greetings,

I'm trying to use Shale's ViewController in a managed bean to execute
some code when the bean first loads. I'm using a nightly build of
shale-core and shale-tiger from 20060221.

It all seems really simple but I can't get it to work. None of my
ViewController methods are ever called (init(), prerender(), etc...).
I've added & mapped the shale filter in my web.xml, added the chain
listener to my web.xml, added all the dependant jars, and added a
dummy chain-config and dialog-config to META-INF.
My managed bean has the same name as my jsp (the jsp begins with a
lower case letter and the bean an upper case letter but changing that
had no effect).

What else can I do? I don't know if my problem is related to MyFaces
or to Shale.

Thanks,
David