Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jo...@aol.com on 2000/06/28 19:07:35 UTC

Pinning down panic: POPSTACK

The modperl archives are pretty clear that
  panic: POPSTACK errors
caused by dies called in a eval is a perl bug.

The archives are also clear that this is often a result
of an interaction with Apache::Session, which I *was*
getting, but have since fixed(?)

My new problem is that I am getting the error
between my PerlAccessHandler and HTML::Mason module.
I repeat, the PerlAccessHandler is completely done, and
the HTML::Mason handler hasn't been called at all.
This is NOT a case of a tied Apache::Session going out
of scope when the PerlAccessHandler ends.
I think I proved this by putting debugging lines in
subs DESTROY and 'save' of Apache::Session.pm.

That's what my problem USED to be. :)

Doesn't this mean it is happening in mod_perl itself?

I'm using

Perl 5.005_03
modperl CVS from today
Apache 1.3.12

and importing only these modules...

HTML::Mason 0.87
Apache::Session::MySQL 1.00
Apache::DBI 0.87
DBD::mysql 2.0414
Carp

I'd be happy to recompile modperl to give me some more
debugging output, but I haven't a clue yet as to what
is happening on the inside.

-Josh Narins

PS I'll be reading some more Eagle book (on the
   internals) in the meantime. Didn't parse the first
   time.