Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Fishtop_records <fi...@pfarrell.com> on 2008/08/03 22:45:58 UTC

can't verify that bayes is working

I've got the rest of the rules based stuff working fine, but I can't seem to
get the bayesian stuff scoring.
When I run sa-learn --debug magic, you can see that there are lots of graded
messages

0.000          0       1224          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000          0       1280          0  non-token data: nham

and there are no errors in the syslog.

spamd and spampd report no errors to syslog (it took a while to get the
complaints about writing the bayes lock to be fixed)

There are no bayes releated scores in either spam or ham in the users mail
boxes.

in the /etc/default/spamassassin
ENABLED=1

and /etc/spamassassin says
use_bayes               1

I don't know what else to do to get it working.
Thanks
Pat

Debian etch 32 bit
SpamAssassin version 3.2.3
  running on Perl version 5.8.8
postfix

Re: can't verify that bayes is working

Posted by Fishtop_records <fi...@pfarrell.com>.

Matt Kettler-3 wrote:

> What user did you run that as? Are you sure its the same user that's
> invoking spamc? (and also not root.. spamd never scans mail as root)

Thanks, that's the trick. I had the filters setup for a user of filter, but
spamd was running as spamd

Re: can't verify that bayes is working

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.