Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by rohit garg <ro...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/11 04:54:40 UTC

Re: kafka-console-consumer.sh: Port already in use Exception after enable JMX

There are two ways to solve this issue,

Exit and relogin again ,

Or again after broker is started , unset jmx port and you are good to go .

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit Garg

Posted by "wanglei2@geekplus.com.cn" <wa...@geekplus.com.cn>.
Hi rohit,

Surely  unset jmx report can solve my issue
Exit and login again not work.
But i can execute the consumer.sh on others hosts.

Thanks,
Lei

wanglei2@geekplus.com.cn

From: Manoj.Agrawal2@cognizant.com<ma...@cognizant.com>
Date: 2020-05-11 12:04
To: users@kafka.apache.org<ma...@kafka.apache.org>
You can change jmx-port to any available port - 9992

On 5/10/20, 7:49 PM, "wanglei2@geekplus.com.cn" <wa...@geekplus.com.cn> wrote:

    [External]

    Add  JMX_PORT=9988 to kafka-run-class.sh  to enable JMX

    After execute bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh there‘s exception:

    Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 9988; nested exception is:
            java.net.BindException: Address already in use (Bind failed)

    wanglei2@geekplus.com.cn

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.