Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org> on 2003/01/17 21:32:51 UTC

Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Hi,

I just tagged and rolled 2.0.44.  Tarballs are up at:

  http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

Please cast your votes accordingly.

I did the roll with libtool 1.4.2.  If this is a problem,
let me know, I'll upgrade my libtool to 1.4.3 and re-roll
ASAP.

Thanks,

Sander

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Sander Striker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tagged and rolled 2.0.44.  Tarballs are up at:
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> Please cast your votes accordingly.

+1 for release...  I just tested the recent libtool-1.4.3 roll
on AIX 5.2 with no problems...

generally, our tarballs used libtool < 1.4.2, so now I will get a
break from the usual Apache2-don't-build-on-AIX messages received
privately and seen on comp.unix.aix :)

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
> it would be even better if there was the ability for the apache.org
> mirroring system to do a "push signal" as a number of other archives
> now do (e.g gnome) via ssh.  though maybe not for 159 mirrors if you think
> the overhead would be too much (i do) but this comes back to dividing up
> mirrors into "tier1" and "tier2" and then making a push signalling sync
> via ssh mandatory for a tier1.

Perhaps easier to temporarily take a mirror out of the redirect loop
automatically.

Dw

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by jason andrade <ja...@rtfmconsult.com>.
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Just as an interesting data point based on the new 2.0.44 release being
> put in the dist directory last evening:
>
> Of our 159 mirrors, 125 have picked up the release over-night.
>
> Perhaps we should make nightly updates a requirement rather than a
> recommendation?

it would be even better if there was the ability for the apache.org
mirroring system to do a "push signal" as a number of other archives
now do (e.g gnome) via ssh.  though maybe not for 159 mirrors if you think
the overhead would be too much (i do) but this comes back to dividing up
mirrors into "tier1" and "tier2" and then making a push signalling sync
via ssh mandatory for a tier1.

my $0.02 and merely a suggestion..

regards,

-jason

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by jason andrade <ja...@rtfmconsult.com>.

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Pieter De Wit <pi...@vodacom.co.za>.
I am happy with this.

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
Or perhaps make a little plot; and see at what point somethign like 95%
has copied it across.

DW.

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Same here ... the win32 installers are now in place in /dist/httpd/binaries/win32
> and status has been updated.

*ahem*, could someone change the mod_autoindex config to use * length name
fields?

nd
--
>kann mir jemand sagen, was genau @-Domains sind?
Ein Mythos. Ein Werbetrick. Verarsche. Nenn es wie du willst...

                 -- Alexandra Buss und Björn Höhrmann in dciwam

RE: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 04:03 PM 1/18/2003, Sander Striker wrote:
> [...]

Good show, Sander!

Bill

RE: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

RE: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
Thanks all!

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Brian Pane <br...@cnet.com>.
On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 12:32, Sander Striker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tagged and rolled 2.0.44.  Tarballs are up at:
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> Please cast your votes accordingly.

Tested successfully with worker MPM on Linux

+1

-Brian

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
--On Friday, January 17, 2003 9:32 PM +0100 Sander Striker
<st...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tagged and rolled 2.0.44.  Tarballs are up at:
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> Please cast your votes accordingly.

Compiles and runs on Darwin.  +1.

This is so ridiculously overdue, it isn't funny.

Thanks for seeing this one through.  =)  -- justin

RE: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>.
At 10:15 AM 1/18/2003, Sander Striker wrote:

>It is a small effort to re-roll with 1.4.3 and therefor I'll do
>just that.
>
>In the re-roll I have bumped CHANGES, Makefile.win* and
>srclib/pcre/NWGNUmakefile, since these contained small wrongs
>that didn't touch code or were platform specific minor fixes.
>
>Anyway, the new tarballs are up at:
>  http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

The corresponding -win32-src.zip package was updated and sent up
to /dev/dist.  All of Sander's changes are up-to-date.  New .mak/.dep
files were rolled (twice) because the machine I rolled the .zip package
on didn't have a proper headers exclusion list (and therefore picked
up some local PSDK headers, my bad for not double checking before.)

On yet another machine that .zip builds and installs successfully.  Nice
to have one other user try that build.

Finally, working on the Win32 installer changes, and a test of that should
be up and ready later this afternoon.  We have the new bin/iconv/*.so files
to include in the binary release, amoung other new changes.

Bill

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Greg Stein wrote:

> Isn't 1.4.3 needed for MacOS compatibility, and maybe one of those fool IBM
> operating systems?

If you're referring to AIX, 1.4.2 is fine.  For z/OS, you need my/dreid's
libtool regardless.

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 09:32:51PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tagged and rolled 2.0.44.  Tarballs are up at:
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> Please cast your votes accordingly.
>

> I did the roll with libtool 1.4.2.  If this is a problem,
> let me know, I'll upgrade my libtool to 1.4.3 and re-roll
> ASAP.

Isn't 1.4.3 needed for MacOS compatibility, and maybe one of those fool IBM
operating systems?

And isn't it about frickin' time to just change the code to require autoconf
2.5x and libtool 1.4.x ? "make sure you roll with libtool FOO"  Screw it.
Make it require that you do that.

If we don't want all developers to be subject to that requirement, then we
make make the distribution script (the tarball roller) enforce the stronger
check.
(in Subversion, the build check looks for autoconf 2.5x and libtool 1.4.x,
 but the dist.sh script enforces libtool 1.4.3)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 12:46 PM 1/18/2003, Sander Temme wrote:
>Gives me the following perl-framework test report:
>
>Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
>ssl/http.t        9  2304     2    2 100.00%  1-2
>7 tests skipped.
>*** server localhost:8529 shutdown
>!!! error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)
>
>We knew about ssl/http.t: that has been broken for a while.

Yup, this is testing the HTTP over HTTPS failure case.  It's looking
for an HTTP/1.0 response and getting an HTTP/0.9 response.

The right fix is actually to provide the 'proper' response, HTTP/0.9 for
any ass-backwards requests, and HTTP/1.0/1.1 with headers,
for modern requests.  And I 'think' I have a cool solve for this...

>+1 for release.

Considering this exception, I concur... it's inconsequential (or I wouldn't
have let it stay broken this long!!!)

But I'm not yet ready to +1 on my own platforms ;-)  Working on it.

Bill

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@covalent.net>.
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regcomp
> /Users/dirkx/tmp/asf/httpd-2.0.44/srclib/pcre/.libs/libpcre.al(pcreposix.lo)
> definition of _regcomp in section (__TEXT,__text)
> /usr/lib/libm.dylib(regcomp.So) definition of _regcomp

This has been there for a long time and appears to be harmless: we include a
regex parser, but there is one already in libSystem.dylib. We apparently
link against libm, which on Darwin is just a soft link to the System
library:

[MonaLisa:/usr/lib] sctemme% ls -l libm.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  15 Jan 19 10:35 libm.dylib -> libSystem.dylib
[MonaLisa:/usr/lib] sctemme% ls -l libc.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  15 Jan 19 10:35 libc.dylib -> libSystem.dylib
[MonaLisa:/usr/lib] sctemme% ls -l libSystem.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  17 Jan 19 10:35 libSystem.dylib ->
libSystem.B.dylib
[MonaLisa:/usr/lib] sctemme% ls -l libSystem.B.dylib
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1245772 Dec 14 02:58 libSystem.B.dylib

(They put this in I believe in 10.1/Darwin 5; before there was only
libSystem.dylib)

S.

--
Covalent Technologies                             sctemme@covalent.net
Engineering group                                Voice: (415) 856 4214

   PGP Fingerprint: 7A8D B189 E871 80CB 9521  9320 C11E 7B47 964F 31D9

use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
of the original message

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
> Sander Striker wrote:
..libtool...

Works for me gov on MacOSX.

But I did notice two warnings which may have not been there with the newer
libtool (plus I need to check why it includes /usr/local; I really dislike
configure making assumptions that buildbox==deploybox).

Dw.

c1: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/usr/local/include"
cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
Sander Striker wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just tagged and rolled 2.0.44.  Tarballs are up at:
>
>  http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
>Please cast your votes accordingly.
>

>I did the roll with libtool 1.4.2.  If this is a problem,
>let me know, I'll upgrade my libtool to 1.4.3 and re-roll
>ASAP.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Sander

WooHoo!! Thanks Sander!

Bill

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Sander Striker wrote:

> I just tagged and rolled 2.0.44.  Tarballs are up at:
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> Please cast your votes accordingly.

Didn't test it at the moment, but I guess, the CHANGES file should not
contain 2.0.45 changes... ;-)

nd
--
If God intended people to be naked, they would be born that way.
  -- Oscar Wilde

Re: Tagged and Rolled 2.0.44

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@covalent.net>.
> Hi,
>
> I just tagged and rolled 2.0.44.  Tarballs are up at:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> Please cast your votes accordingly.
>

> I did the roll with libtool 1.4.2.  If this is a problem,
> let me know, I'll upgrade my libtool to 1.4.3 and re-roll
> ASAP.

Just tested the latest (as of this time) roll on my darwin test machine:

Darwin shadow.local. 6.3 Darwin Kernel Version 6.3: Sat Dec 14 03:11:25 PST
2002; root:xnu/xnu-344.23.obj~4/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh powerpc

sctemme@shadow:~/projects/httpd-2.0.44 $ cat config.nice
#! /bin/sh
#
# Created by configure

"./configure" \
"--prefix=/tmp/apache2044" \
"--enable-mods-shared=all" \
"--enable-deflate=shared" \
"--enable-ssl=shared" \
"--enable-bucketeer=shared" \
"--enable-echo=shared" \
"--with-port=8080" \
"--enable-maintainer-mode" \
"--enable-so" \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"$@"

Gives me the following perl-framework test report:

Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
ssl/http.t        9  2304     2    2 100.00%  1-2
7 tests skipped.
*** server localhost:8529 shutdown
!!! error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)

We knew about ssl/http.t: that has been broken for a while.

Then repeated with worker, same ./configure except for --with-mpm=worker and
--prefix=/tmp/apache2044w:

Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
---
ssl/http.t        9  2304     2    2 100.00%  1-2
7 tests skipped.
*** server localhost:8529 shutdown
!!! error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)

Same result.

+1 for release.

S.