Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Greg Dritschler <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/14 03:38:04 UTC

IntentAttachPointType for internally-created SCA bindings

I have a question about this method in CompositeConfigurationBuilderImpl.

    private SCABinding createSCABinding() {
        SCABinding scaBinding = scaBindingFactory.createSCABinding();
        IntentAttachPointType bindingType =
intentAttachPointTypeFactory.createBindingType();
        bindingType.setName(BINDING_SCA_QNAME);
        bindingType.setUnresolved(true);
        ((PolicySetAttachPoint)scaBinding).setType(bindingType);
        return scaBinding;
    }

This is used to create the SCA binding for wires without explicit bindings.
My question is, how is the IntentAttachPointType model resolved?  This code
is in the build phase, which is past the read and resolve phases.  I can't
see how it is resolved.  The consequence of not resolving it is that the
bindingType definition for binding.sca (which may define mayProvide or
alwaysProvides intents) won't be used.  I tried to add a resolve() call here
to try to resolve the model but I couldn't figure out how to get the
ModelResolver to use.

Greg

Re: IntentAttachPointType for internally-created SCA bindings

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

One part of this is fixed in the sense that the binding-sca module now
provides a bindnigType that gets into the model resolver.  Now what needs to
be fixed seems to be how or where we call the 'resolve'.

Thanks

- Venkat

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,