Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2009/01/06 05:41:52 UTC

Not enough time to mentor

Hi folks,

Please don't think that I'm quitting because of any kind of issue with the
community. You guys are doing great things and I'm sure you'll deal properly
with anything in your path.  This IntelliJ thread had no bearing on my
decision to step aside. It merely brought to my attention exactly how little
time I have to assist to any significant degree.  I wish I could do more.
Who knows what the future may hold.

Good luck and thanks,
Alex

Re: Not enough time to mentor

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
On Jan 9, 2009, at 6:48 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Sorry for being a bit late, but I just wanted to say thanks for your
> initial
> commitment.  It was nice to see you jump on board and know you were
> genuinely interested in seeing us become successful.
>
> Of course I totally understand the demands of a busy life, so please
> don't
> feel bad - I'm sure we all don't mind.  Please drop in from time to
> time
> though :)
>
> I have one final question - now that you've withdrawn, is there
> anything we
> need to do to formally within the the ASF procedures to reflect this
> change?

The status page needs to be updated to remove Alex from the list of
mentors.

Craig

> Thanks, and good luck!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Les
>
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Alex Karasulu
> <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Please don't think that I'm quitting because of any kind of issue
>> with the
>> community. You guys are doing great things and I'm sure you'll deal
>> properly
>> with anything in your path.  This IntelliJ thread had no bearing on
>> my
>> decision to step aside. It merely brought to my attention exactly how
>> little
>> time I have to assist to any significant degree.  I wish I could do
>> more.
>> Who knows what the future may hold.
>>
>> Good luck and thanks,
>> Alex