Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tomasz Chmielewski <ma...@wpkg.org> on 2006/10/06 11:47:54 UTC

spf: no suitable relay for spf use found

When I "test" spamassassin setup by running "spamassassin -D --lint", I
get these complaints about spf:

[6100] dbg: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found, skipping SPF-helo
check
[6100] dbg: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found, skipping SPF check
[6100] dbg: spf: cannot get Envelope-From, cannot use SPF
[6100] dbg: spf: def_spf_whitelist_from: could not find useable envelope
sender
[6100] dbg: spf: spf_whitelist_from: could not find useable envelope sender

Is it because I didn't feed spamassassin with an email containing
headers, or is something broken with my setup?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org

Re: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> When I "test" spamassassin setup by running "spamassassin -D --lint", I
> get these complaints about spf:
>
> [6100] dbg: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found, skipping SPF-helo
> check
> [6100] dbg: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found, skipping SPF check
> [6100] dbg: spf: cannot get Envelope-From, cannot use SPF
> [6100] dbg: spf: def_spf_whitelist_from: could not find useable envelope
> sender
> [6100] dbg: spf: spf_whitelist_from: could not find useable envelope sender
>

> Is it because I didn't feed spamassassin with an email containing
> headers, or is something broken with my setup?

This is normal behaviour when running --lint.

Daryl

Re: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.
On Saturday 07 October 2006 22:36, Tomasz Chmielewski took the opportunity to
say:
> Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > On Friday 06 October 2006 11:47, Tomasz Chmielewski took the opportunity
> >
> > say:
> >> When I "test" spamassassin setup by running "spamassassin -D --lint", I
> >> get these complaints about spf:
> >>
> >> [6100] dbg: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found, skipping SPF-helo
> >> check
> >> [6100] dbg: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found, skipping SPF check
> >> [6100] dbg: spf: cannot get Envelope-From, cannot use SPF
> >> [6100] dbg: spf: def_spf_whitelist_from: could not find useable envelope
> >> sender
> >> [6100] dbg: spf: spf_whitelist_from: could not find useable envelope
> >> sender
> >>

> >> Is it because I didn't feed spamassassin with an email containing
> >> headers, or is something broken with my setup?
> >
> > SA didn't find a jump from an external host to an internal one.
>
> What does that mean?
>
> > Have you set
> > up trusted_networks and/or internal_networks correctly?
>
> I believe I did.
> Anyway, why should SA care about trusted_networks and/or
> internal_networks if I start "spamassassin -D --lint" from bash prompt
> locally?

Oh, I didn't read or think properly. I think it's perfectly normal for SA not
to find any suitable relay in that case.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)

Re: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found

Posted by Tomasz Chmielewski <ma...@wpkg.org>.

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.
On Friday 06 October 2006 11:47, Tomasz Chmielewski took the opportunity to
say:
> When I "test" spamassassin setup by running "spamassassin -D --lint", I
> get these complaints about spf:
>
> [6100] dbg: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found, skipping SPF-helo
> check
> [6100] dbg: spf: no suitable relay for spf use found, skipping SPF check
> [6100] dbg: spf: cannot get Envelope-From, cannot use SPF
> [6100] dbg: spf: def_spf_whitelist_from: could not find useable envelope
> sender
> [6100] dbg: spf: spf_whitelist_from: could not find useable envelope sender
>

> Is it because I didn't feed spamassassin with an email containing
> headers, or is something broken with my setup?

SA didn't find a jump from an external host to an internal one. Have you set