Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Andun Sameera <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/01 07:04:48 UTC

How I get the internal html content of a dynamically updated div tag using Apache Wicket

Hi,

In my html file I have a div tag like this,

I am using a JavaScript library called bootstrap-wysiwyg to make this
div tag a text are which we can type rich text. When the person types
text, div tag's html content updates to represent the text content in
html. I want to retrieve it in to the Java code of the html file in
wicket. I tried to do it by creating reference variable to div tag
like following,

WebMarkupContainer editorArea=new WebMarkupContainer("editorArea");
String text=editorArea.getMarkup().toString(true)

But this don't give me the updated HTML content. I give only the
initial html content. what is the problem here?

Thanks!

--
Regards
Andun S.L. Gunawardana

Blog - http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/
LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703
Twitter -http://twitter.com/AndunSLG

Re: How I get the internal html content of a dynamically updated div tag using Apache Wicket

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Andun Sameera <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have tried further with AjaxEditableLabel in following way to get the
> cotent of div tag.
>
>         String value="Type.....";
>         AjaxEditableLabel ajaxEditableLabel=new
> AjaxEditableLabel("editorArea",new Model(value)){
>             @Override
>             public void onEdit(AjaxRequestTarget target){
>                 String value=getEditor().getValue();
>                 System.out.println(value);
>             }
>             @Override
>             protected void onModelChanged() {
>                 String value=getEditor().getValue();
>                 System.out.println(value);
>             }
>             @Override
>             protected void onModelChanging() {
>                 String value=getEditor().getValue();
>                 System.out.println(value);
>             }
>             protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target){
>                 String value=getEditor().getValue();
>                 System.out.println(value);
>             }
>         };
>         ajaxEditableLabel.setOutputMarkupId(true);
>         ajaxEditableLabel.setMarkupId("editorArea");
>         form.add(ajaxEditableLabel);
>
> When this applies Wysiwyg is working properly. The markup is updated. But
> the onEdit,onModelChaging methods are not invoked to update the model
> object value. Thus what will be the way to get the updated cotent from the
> ajax editable label?

The correct way is to use AjaxEditableLabel's model.

Posted by Andun Sameera <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Andun Sameera <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Martin,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: How I get the internal html content of a dynamically updated div tag using Apache Wicket

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Martin,