Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gangadhar Gangadhar <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/20 21:53:56 UTC

How to use encrypted username password.

Hi,

   I’m trying to explore if there is any way to encrypt -basicauth or
encrypt username and password in -Dsolr.httpclient.config.

Thanks
Gangadhar

Re: How to use encrypted username password.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Typically you'll place the -Dsolr.httpclient.config file somewhere restricted so there should be no need to encrypt it.
IF you encrypted the user and pass in that file, where would you place the secret decryption key for Solr to decrypt them?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Typically basic auth is encrypted using SSL.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/