Posted to dev@sirona.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2014/06/26 03:31:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Sirona 0.2-incubating

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> Yes I know it's a sort of grumbling email but It's already hard to
> release something here especially when you are volunteer and doing the
> coding part on your spare time and without the support of all paid
> folks who join IPMC just to have a binding vote on some projects!!
> So please start such discussion before on the dev list.

The scarcity of IPMC release votes is an inherent, structural problem of
the Incubator, arising because podling contributors are generally more
invested in their projects than IPMC members.  Sending "grumbling email"
is at best a temporary fix.

Fortunately, as of last December we finally have a structural fix: the
"2013 Alternate Release Voting Process".

    http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

Podlings who would like to avoid blocking on IPMC members to cast binding
votes should consider this option.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Sirona 0.2-incubating

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
On 26 June 2014 11:31, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Yes I know it's a sort of grumbling email but It's already hard to
>> release something here especially when you are volunteer and doing the
>> coding part on your spare time and without the support of all paid
>> folks who join IPMC just to have a binding vote on some projects!!
>> So please start such discussion before on the dev list.
>
> The scarcity of IPMC release votes is an inherent, structural problem of
> the Incubator, arising because podling contributors are generally more
> invested in their projects than IPMC members.  Sending "grumbling email"
> is at best a temporary fix.

Thanks. It looks to work :-) ( hopefully I come from a "grumbling"
country so I'm used to that :P )

> Fortunately, as of last December we finally have a structural fix: the
> "2013 Alternate Release Voting Process".
>
>     http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
>
> Podlings who would like to avoid blocking on IPMC members to cast binding
> votes should consider this option.
>
> Marvin Humphrey

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Sirona 0.2-incubating

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
On 26 June 2014 11:31, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Yes I know it's a sort of grumbling email but It's already hard to
>> release something here especially when you are volunteer and doing the
>> coding part on your spare time and without the support of all paid
>> folks who join IPMC just to have a binding vote on some projects!!
>> So please start such discussion before on the dev list.
>
> The scarcity of IPMC release votes is an inherent, structural problem of
> the Incubator, arising because podling contributors are generally more
> invested in their projects than IPMC members.  Sending "grumbling email"
> is at best a temporary fix.

Thanks. It looks to work :-) ( hopefully I come from a "grumbling"
country so I'm used to that :P )

> Fortunately, as of last December we finally have a structural fix: the
> "2013 Alternate Release Voting Process".
>
>     http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
>
> Podlings who would like to avoid blocking on IPMC members to cast binding
> votes should consider this option.
>
> Marvin Humphrey

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au