Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Gurpreet Bagga <Gu...@gohomeward.com> on 2013/07/08 11:01:42 UTC

SSO using Apache Syncope

Hi All,

We have two different applications (a. Cloud-based Application, b. Web Application). Is it possible to achieve Single Sign On for them using Apache Syncope?
If yes, then can you please throw some light or a general hint on how it would be possible?

Thank you.

Gurpreet

 copies of the original message.

This message has been content scanned by the Axway MailGate.
MailGate uses policy enforcement to scan for known viruses, spam, undesirable content and malicious code. For more information on Axway products please visit www.axway.com.

Re: SSO using Apache Syncope

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il 08/07/2013 11:01, Gurpreet Bagga ha scritto:

> Hi All,
>
> We have two different applications (a. Cloud-based Application, b. Web
> Application). Is it possible to achieve Single Sign On for them using
> Apache Syncope?
>
> If yes, then can you please throw some light or a general hint on how
> it would be possible?

Hi, you can use syncope to sync user profiles.
If you cannot change (a) and (b) code, you have to adopt an external
Access Management solution (like CAS).
Unfortunately, Syncope won't support AM features before 3.0.0
(http://urlin.it/3daa1).

Rgds,
F.

RE: SSO using Apache Syncope

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Hi there

Syncope does not support SAML or WS-Federation out of the box. In our environment we use a combination of Syncope and CXF Fediz to achieve that. Syncope is used for ID management and provision them to LDAP whereas Fediz IDP is used to act as an IDP supporting Single Sign On by implementing the industry standards WS-Federation/WS-Trust. This allows to support applications deployed on-premise and in the cloud without requiring network connectivity between the application and the IDP.

HTH

Oli