Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Amy Niklasson <am...@niklasson.se> on 2015/07/08 10:08:52 UTC

How do you load a custom HostAllocator in CloudStack 4.5? The only
documentation I've managed to find is
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/master/alloc.html#implementing-a-custom-hostallocator
However,I can't find the files mentioned, components.xml and
components-premium.xml, in /client/ tomcatconf.
Anyone who knows?

Regards,
Amy

Re: Loading a custom HostAllocator

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 27-07-15 12:28, Amy Niklasson wrote:
> I have tried this and I still can't find it. I have tried to find it both
> in the regular installation and the source installation of CloudStack.
> However I have managed to find this link
> http://cloudstack-release-notes.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrade/upgrade-4.0.html
> which implies that the file has changed name to componentContext.xml.
> Unfortunately I can't find this file either.
>
> I have found the file
> /home/ubuntu/cloudstack/server/test/async-job-component.xml which contains
> the lines:
>
> <adapters key="com.cloud.agent.manager.allocator.HostAllocator">
>   <adapter name="FirstFit"
> class="com.cloud.agent.manager.allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator"/>
> </adapters>
>
> Which are the lines according to
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/master/alloc.html#implementing-a-
> <http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/master/alloc.html#implementing-a-custom-hostallocator>custom-hostallocator
> <http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/master/alloc.html#implementing-a-custom-hostallocator>
> should be changed. However this location is in nowhere close to the
> one mentioned.
>
> If anyone has any experience of implementing a custom hostallocator in
> CloudStack 4.5 or knows anything I would very much appreciate any
> information you got.

I haven't done this, but I don't think componentContext.xml is being
used anymore.

I think you need this one:
core/resources/META-INF/cloudstack/core/spring-core-registry-core-context.xml

Wido

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.